Vajdoc

Solid State Member
The parts:

ASRock 939Dual-Sata2
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000
512MB Patriot Ram
ASUS AGP V9400-X/TD

The problem:

When I turn on the computer, nothing comes on the screen at all.

I've tried:

1) Tested Monitor with other computer
2) Made sure graphics card was seated
3) Tested graphics card in other computer
4) Already replaced the motherboard once

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Take motherboard out of Case and try booting it.

It is probably a grounding problem, however, I want you to try this first.

Unattach everything but, Video card, RAM and CPU.

then try booting.

Listen closely for any beeps from internal speaker.

make sure when you take the mobo out you don't put it on anything conductive I recommend putting it on cardboard or the box the CPU came in

i have heard that when you are fiddling around with the inside of your comp that you are supposed to touch something metal that isn't part of your computer...for static electricty probs...is this true?

NickFas said:
i have heard that when you are fiddling around with the inside of your comp that you are supposed to touch something metal that isn't part of your computer...for static electricty probs...is this true?

Yeah, it's a good idea. You need to ground on another metal object to prevent the transfer of static electricirty from your body to whatever it is you're touching. Tiger direct sells an anti-static mat for $9.99 + a $10 mail in rebate as well as anti-static gloves for $3. Those would be your best bet so you have both hands to work with.. lol

I disconnected everything except the video, RAM and CPU and then placed the motherboard on the anti-static bag and then connected the ATX power supply & 12v to it but it powers up and then immediately powers down. During the brief second that it's on, it doesn't beep though.

Thats very odd.

I want you to discconect everything from PSU except a few fans.

Then using a paper clip on the 20 pin connector touch the Green and black wire together. This will test if the Power supply can turn on by itself.

turn it offf after like 20 seconds if it even turns on.

Okay, I did as you said and the fans stayed powered until I unplugged them (about 15 seconds).

Afterwards, I plugged only the ATX & 12v ATX supplies into the motherboard, but it did the same thing (powered up and then immediately powered down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom