Is it better to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beefcake said:
Okay now that my thread has been officially hijacked about single core vs. dual core and a flame war erupted I am done with this thread because I have made my decision.

Sorry, i got carried away in all the crazy babble. I say go with the Dual core. IMO GPUs get replaced quicker than CPUs and the dual core will be better suited for the future. :)

Flanker... I never said anything about you hating me. It never even crossed my mind. My gripe with you isn't the fact that you like a debate. Heck, i like a debate too. My gripe with you is how you handle yourself in this forum. Ever since I started that thread about configuring gaming PC's, so people who continually post, "What should I buy for $1000" would have a place to look and get advice from various members of TF. I was trying to do something for the betterment of TF. You decided to put your stamp on the thread, "as HAVOC is an idiot" he doesn't know what he's talking about. I've seen you do this to many, many peoples threads. Last week you flipped out about PC's vs. Consoles. There was Profanity and insults through out that thread.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I would hope that people would disagree. It's just the level that you take it to is just immature and further more... against the forum rules.

I'm not perfect, no freakin' way... But, I give those respect that respect me. I do believe that you have some solid knowledge in the world of technology, but your attitude takes that knowledge and throws it right out the window. Your presentation of your opinion sucks. (I'm right and until everyone else here agrees with me, your all A-holes and idiots and i'll flame every single one of you until your agree with me.) That's not very far from how you act.

Listen i'm tired of arguing with you about things. If you want to debate something, fine. I'll keep it clean if you keep it clean.
May-be we can get along. I hope so... I'm not a hard person to get alone with.

IF not... No Problem...

And Beefcake: i'm sincerely sorry for hijacking your thread... It wasn't cool and I wouldn't want someone to do it to me...

Have I ever said, "Havok, stop flaming people and control yourself."? Well, I'm saying itr now.

Havok, stop flaming people who don't agree with you and control yourself. You'll get a lot more respect and a lot less flames that way.

Flanker said:
Have I ever said, "Havok, stop flaming people and control yourself."? Well, I'm saying itr now.

Havok, stop flaming people who don't agree with you and control yourself. You'll get a lot more respect and a lot less flames that way.

lol - ok flanker. no problem. From here on in can we try to get along? Like I said before, "I don't mind a debate." But, your presentation of your opinion is really arrogant. You think you're right and everyone else is an idiot. It's hard for people not to want to flame you. But, I can control myself.

The only person in this forum that responds to me in a negative way is you. You're the only one. Once in awhile "003" and I have gotten into it, but we don't break the common respect. Ever since that thread I created a few weeks ago you've been publically posting how I don't know what i'm talking about. I don't think i've ever said you don't know what you're talking about. Because i'd be lying. You do have a solid knowledge of technology and I respect that.

But, when all is said and done, respect is earned, not given.

So if you want to start over and squash all of this stupidity.. I'll be the first one in line to shake hands. If not, well that's your decision. But i'm willing to move on. No hard feelings...

OK. TTYL

Sure, if, next time that I disagree with you, you don't say, "OMG Flanker, I know you hate me and you're never gonna agree with me," then we're fine.

And you're also the only one I get into an argument with. Everyone else that hates me does so because of our arguments.

Beefcake,
You could always go with the evga 7800GT at first and then upgrade it to the 7800GTX within the next 90 days. With evga's step up program you just mail them your current card and pay the difference to upgrade.

I think dual core is the way to go fwiw.

I don't see how you guys get so worked up over such trivial stuff

The FX-57 is currently the fastest processor on the market and will process a single instruction faster than anything else out. This is fact.

A multicore processor, for example, a 4400+ will be able to process multithreads significantly faster than the FX-57 or any other single core processor. This is fact.

Most applications as of this writing are currently single threaded, therefore in most enviroments a processor with the highest IPC rate per core will perform faster. In other words, the FX-57 will outperform any processor regardless of how many cores it has so long as it has a higher rated IPC when comparing to one of the physical cores found in the multicore processor. This is fact

Most applications currently being written are being coded with multiple threads, and you will most certainly not see many more single threaded enviroments as of this writing. In other words, multicore processors with combined IPC rate higher than single core processors will excel in these enviroments. To put it simply, if you have two cores which process 100 IPC each and one single core that does 150 IPC, the dual core processor will be faster in multithreaded enviroments. This is fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom