Help: Motherboard or SATA DVD Burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coz

Beta member
My computer has been working fine (if I can say so) basically I'm new and have been looking all over for help after searching google for hours on end I came accross this site. I got a Abit IC7 (i875 with latest BIOS) Motherboard ...PC has been working fine however yesterday I got my new SATA DVD Burner (Plextor-716SA) when I first put it in everything seemed to go ok ... Started up windows and it found the new hardware, installed it and restarted after the reboot it reconized the device ok as a Plextor DVD Burner, however after about 5 min WinXp restarts and it would continusly do this after about 2 min after bootup
then after a while it wouldn't even boot up it would just restart after the bootup, so I booted into safe mode everything seemed to be ok but after about 10 min it started up again.

Now I decided to reinstall WinXp ...and during the installation I get a blue screen saying

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP : 0x000000A or if I switch SATA 1 to SATA 2 I get 0x0000007e

I contacted both Abit and Plextor and each blame the other.

Any help would be great thanks!

Its a system boot sector problem.

Do you have a SATA hard drive?

Make sure the DVD burner IS NOT the primary SATA slot or the computer will try to boot from it.

HDD is primary in BIOS I have completly removed the SATA burner and now I'm getting a different error while trying to install windows

STOP: 0x00000024

NTFS.sys - Address F764E937 base at F7632000, Datestamp 3b7dc5d0

Resloved. Turns out to be my RAM

Thank you everyone who had given help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom