final check

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake14430

Baseband Member
ok this is my final check before I start buying parts to build this PC. Are all of these parts compatable and the wise desision to put together.

1 ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9NW-BK/500 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

1 Link Depot 24-inch 3 Connectors IDE Cable (Blue) Model ELATA-24-BLUE-3 - OEM

1 DFI LanParty UT RDX200 Cross-Fire Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire AMD Motherboard - Retail

1 XFX PVT42EUDP7 Geforce 6800XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

1 ASPIRE Chameleon ATX-AS550W-BL ATX 550W Power Supply -

1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail

1 CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model

1 SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

1 HP Black IDE DVD Burner Model DVD740RI - Retail

If you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Lookin good. Um. I'd suggest finding a case that doesnt come with a power supply, and buying your own, (Antec is a good brand). Ive heard that some of those power supplys can be pretty crappy.

whoa. you bought a crossfire (ATI) board and a 6800 (nvidia) video card. There's no need for that. Are you going to be using Crossfire/SLI? If so, you need to match up the brands. If not, I suggest steering away from SLI/Crossfire because they're a waste of hard earned money.

Ryan

No need to buy any IDE cables, they come with the motherboard. Definately go with STE's power supply, its a lot better than the one you have. Try to get a different brand video card, XFX has a relatively high rate of bad cards. Go with an evga or something. Sli/crossfire is a waste of money, so just drop that, and you would need an sli board to use two nvidia cards anyway. Get a regular lanparty ultra-d, and use the money you save to get an evga 7800gt. 7800gt's are only about $300 right now. Great deal. I love mine, it can play F.E.A.R. and BF2 on highest settings flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom