Which card(s)? 2x7800GT 256 MB, 7800 GTX 512 MB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenASE

Solid State Member
And because I would hate to make a new topic about this, what about video cards? I'm looking at the options available, and it's come down to this -

2x 7800GT 256 MB
7800GTX 256 MB
2x 7800GTX 256 MB
7800 GTX 512 MB

Are any two options similar that it'd be almost insignificant, is the 512 MB card really worth the money, etc.?

the 7800 gtx is plenty good for now. Why not just get one for now and buy another when u need it... and when it's cheaper

iamkoza said:
the 7800 gtx is plenty good for now. Why not just get one for now and buy another when u need it... and when it's cheaper

Mainly because I don't even know how to open up a computer. xD

So would one 512 mb card be suffice, or would I be extremely happy if I got 2?

How would it be better? I've never really understood why two graphics cards would be needed.

its like dual core processor, for SLI you have two GPU's working on the screen, in some cases one video card renders the top and the other renders the bottom, or you can go vertical, and then i heard something with ATI they do this checkboard thingy.

If you have the money i would say go with 2*512MB even if i hate SLI you will be extremely happy :)

actually, the increase in performance wouldn't even be noticable. It's SICK. There's no use for the 7800GTX 512 yet... getting two of them is completely frivilous.

Ryan

If you were to et one 7800gtx 512 you wouldnt have to upgrade your video card for a VERY long time maybe 2 or 3 or more years.

And When your 7800gtx 512 starts being teseted by games you can just buy another one and you wont see lag for quite a while longer after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom