WOrth Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Currently: SIG

Possible Small upgrade: 754 mobo with PCIe and 6800gs/7800 series eVGA of course

OR

Larger Upgrade: Sell CPU and 754 board and GPU and Get a 939 w/ above GPU card and the DFI lanparty board. and maybe another 1GB of RAM.

Major Questions: WIll I see a big improvement if I do either option. PLAN ON OCing.

ALso I need a better PSU. I was thinking of this Fortons 450W. WOuld this be able to power all of the systems above taking into account that I will be OCing.

What do you mean. My RAM is Geil 1GB DDR 400 DC (2x512MB) and my CPU is a 3700 s754 Clawhammer like is says in my sig.

gotcha I would probably get a 3200+ venice and probably some OCZ RAM. As I hear those are both good for OCing on

You can use the RAM that you have in your current computer also. I'm not sure how well Geil overclocks but you can use it.

I know but if I go with the 939 upgrade I would have 4 slots so I would get another set of 2x512 RAM to have 2 gig's total. I am more concerned about what kind of upgrades I would see if I upgraded to the 939 board and PCIe or the PCIe 754 board and the 6800gs.

Yes the 939 would be better as I dont think the 754 comes in a Venice core, which is better. 939 is better for upgrades also, however the M2 socket will eventually overtake this later next year (hopefully). 754 is dying out... Also get PCIex16 instead of AGPx8.

whew! You boys are confused! Getting a 3200+ would be a downgrade. The 3700+ is a great processor. The only real big noticable difference that s939 provides is dual channel memory usage. It's not worth the upgrade.

Without a doubt, you should find a socket 754 motherboard with PCIe and a good video card. You'll be flyin high for quite some time.

Ryan

thats what I was thinking. I was just curious if the notice in performance by switching to a PCIe 754 board and say the 7800gt would be worth the 300-400 dollar upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom