install drivers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichan

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have just installed a new operating system windows XP Pro serv.pk2.Previously I was using windows XP but a different edition.I would like to know whether I need to re-install my drivers like motherboard,grapic and sound/audio,etc.I learnt that windows XP is smart enough to update and install all neccessary drivers that the system required.Is it true?Thank you for your advice.

it wont install every drivers out there. If it doesnt have it, you have to get the cd or go to the manus. website and download the drivers yourself and then install them

Excuse me!I would like to know how do I go about checking my system to see which drivers are not being installed by windows XP.Is there a program/tool to diagnose?

Well it all depends really. Xp might install all of them but they could be older versions also. I would suggest installing XP then checking manufactor websites to see if there are any new drivers available. Most of the time Video Cards need to be updated. The drivers that get installed are old and the new drivers fix bugs that were in the old version. The newer drivers can also allow for certain tasks to be done.
So even if you check to see what drivers installed, which you can do yourself without an app by Right Click on MyComputer>Properties>Hardware Tab>Device Manager (there are easier ways to get there this is the most common), you still need to check for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom