Ram slot or Ram stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Ok, I got this job today, and he gave me a little history about it over the last few weeks.
The computer was failing a little, as it wouldn't shut down properly it would stay on the shut down screen after selectiing turn off(in xp). Anyways, one day it stopped working. So he gave it to my friend that also owns his own business and he found that the power supply was blown, and he replaced it. But a couple of days later it repeated everything I said above. So then he asked me. I thought it was a little weird and automatically thought that it was a ram problem. There were 3 sticks of ram in, I took out the 3rd one, when I did I heard a 'crunching' sort of sound. It didn't sound good, I tried to put it back, but heard the same sound(powers off..not electricity sound), so I decided not to try before I damaged it anymore. I turned it on, and it works. But what I really want to know now is, is if its the ram slot or the ram stick thats the problem. Anyway of finding out? I dont really want to try and put the ram stick into my computer in case it damages mine. Thank you so much for those that read all of that. I just thought you should know the full background to the problem so you can give me a better answer. Thank you
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom