Installing an OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
I am purchasing a reburbished Dell with no OS. How difficult is it to install an OS. Say XP Pro to be exact. Will this include the drivers I will need to use the onboard hardware like to ethernet card and drives?
Thanks!!

Easy, depending on how tech-savy you are. XP Pro typically installs most of the drivers for you. If you pay attention to what it asks when installing the OS you should have no problems. If you decide to install hardware after the OS has been installed, XP will recognize it and even prompt you to find drivers.

Life is so simple these days when it comes to installing an OS.

Its pretty much just a "next.... next.... yes.... ok...." process unless you are doing advanced stuff ... but even then you can always make changes after install. Its pretty straight forward... depending on the release of the copy of XP pro you have, it may or may not have all the drivers you need on the CD...

After I do an install, I just get the NIC driver first then go to all the manufacturers websites and get updated drivers for all my hardware..... (actually i dont but its the right answer)

Should install your motherbroad driver first processor (Intel INF update).Then your hard drive with (Intel Application Accelerator ).Well at least my board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom