Is it better to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
**** with me, I'll **** with you.

thats exactly what im talkin about.....thx for the very educated reponse..
u must be stressed out. y don u get some hookers or something....instead of flaming ppl in this "Computer Forum". its healthier. but dont get std. and good luck w ur life.:)

Flanker said:
I never said you didn't know what a bottleneck was, I said you weren't aware that GPUs always bottleneck CPUs, learn to read. And I only insult you, everyone else I just talk to. You lend yourself to being insulted by insulting me, simple as that. Stop talking as if you know everything about me, cuz you don't know shit fool.

You don't have to go around wasting your time writing an essay for a reply. If one of the dual cores is working on AI (which multiplayer games like UT don't use, unless you're playing with bots, which is no fun) that leaves one core to run the game, which is no more powerful than a single processor, and is infact weaker. Thats a stupid example, so lets move on to an example where a game in totally divided on the two processors. Two problems; GPU bottlenecking and game FPS limit. Either way, having a stronger processor won't help. Either you'll be stuck at a certain FPS with the GPU, or you'll have reached the game's FPS limit. Either way, your performance doesn't increase with a Dual-Core processor.

If you write another essay, I'll laugh at you.

lol - go around writing an essay... right dude. I'm providing content to my statements. I'm not just saying, "I know everything, I'm right and you're wrong." Laugh all you want dude... You still haven't told me what your education is? High School? I don't know anything about you? I know you must be in your early teens. Because you have the same attitude that I did when I was 15. You think you know absolutely everything. When in fact, as you get older, you'll realize you don't know 1/4 of what you thought you knew.

Anyway... on to my essay...

You're main focus seems to be on Bottlenecking and now FPS limit.

"Multicore processors will allow game developers to separate tasks between the different cores, and, once correctly implemented, the added processing power should give designers the freedom to create more rigorous physics and artificial intelligence engines. Dave Taylor, formerly of id Software and currently of Naked Sky Entertainment, demonstrated RoboHordes, an Unreal Engine 3-based game that takes advantage of the multicore nature of these newer processors. Taylor and his cohorts had engineered the game to assign specific tasks, like the physics, sound, and AI to separate processing threads. The physics thread allows the game to sample at 200 frames per second, and that gives the game a very responsive feel even though the graphics display itself may only be rendering at 25fps." If you don't wanna listen to me then read this article. That is a part of it.
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1570-x-x-x

Yes, AI is mostly used in bots. But it's also used for other objects such as vehicles. I'm not going to argue, single player vs. multiplayer here. When I buy a game, i play both. And how many games are released with just multiplayer? Very few to none.

FPS limits have been put in games to control the fluctuation of frame rates in games to limit choppiness. Rapid increases and decreases due to several factors. If you want me to list then I will.

As far as your bottlenecking theory, why does AMD have the best CPU's for gaming? Possibly their lower clock speeds and their superior architecture? What about PCI Express? What about faster GPU card memory? Aren't these all technologies that are making hardware better? Equalizing a bandwidth issue that used to hinder games?

Go ahead, tell me I don't know what i'm talking about... Throw in an insult and laugh...

Flanker said:
I'm getting sick of you assholes always being on my case. Try and talk to me calmly and I'll reply the same way. **** with me, I'll **** with you.

lol - Here's a tissue... I've been talking to you calmly... You keep typing profanity and telling me I don't know what i'm talking about. You seem to like a good debate, so i'm just trying to entertain that offer. You asked me, "Why will dual cores benefit in Unreal 2007." I tried to lay out a logical assessment of my statement and you said, "don't waste my time writing an essay."

Well what do you want? Make up your mind. Do you want an answer or don't you? Actually, I just think you want attention.
Well you got it. Go ahead and continue your ranting and raving because the people that read your posts will respect you more...

I'm with Havok2k5 on this. a few years ago, I used to have a pretty big ego about my knowledge on computers. I'm 17 now and I still live with my parents, but now I realise that what I know is just the start.

this saying holds true for just about anything: the more you know, the more you realise you don't know.

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - Here's a tissue... I've been talking to you calmly... You keep typing profanity and telling me I don't know what i'm talking about. You seem to like a good debate, so i'm just trying to entertain that offer. You asked me, "Why will dual cores benefit in Unreal 2007." I tried to lay out a logical assessment of my statement and you said, "don't waste my time writing an essay."

Well what do you want? Make up your mind. Do you want an answer or don't you? Actually, I just think you want attention.
Well you got it. Go ahead and continue your ranting and raving because the people that read your posts will respect you more...

lol look flanker...this is the good example of truely educated response.
but id still suggest u to go get some hookers and smoke some doobies and chil..
itll be good for u. and again, good luck w ur life.

Flanker said:
I'm getting sick of you assholes always being on my case. Try and talk to me calmly and I'll reply the same way. **** with me, I'll **** with you.

Flanker, you act like we are out to get you and bully you, but you just bring it upon yourself by ranting about stuff you don't know about and continue these stupid arguments. This type of talk is just childish! grow up. You're just making yourself look more stupid.

You asked Havoc a question and he responded and you're just being an idiot. He backed his statements with articles. You're looking for answers you don't even care to know. If you really want to know there is this website, it's called google, just type in dual core gaming and you'll most likely get an article explaning how it gives gaming advantages.

Actually I like, "The only real knowledge is knowing that you know nothing."

I'm gonna give up on this one since you guys are pretty adamant about this. Everyone believes what they believe, I guess we'll just have to wait for the real results to come in. Meanwhile, I'll keep recommending single cores for games and you guys do whatever you want.

HAVOC2k5 said:

NO, I started this conversation out calmly. In you very first response to me you started to rant about how I hated how and how I would never agree with you. I have no beef with you, I don't hate you. But I DO disagree with you. ALL arguments are based off of opinions.

Beefcake said:
Flanker, you act like we are out to get you and bully you, but you just bring it upon yourself by ranting about stuff you don't know about and continue these stupid arguments. This type of talk is just childish! grow up. You're just making yourself look more stupid.

^^ And thats the kind of BS that makes me flame people, not to mention earn visits from Gaara (which, I think I'm due for one).

Flanker is right here guys. Dual core isn' the way to go... haha, ok just kidding. There's a reason billion dollar companies have put billions of dollars into ADVANCING to dual core chips. There's no logical arguement against dual core. Two is better than one. Even if ONE game doesn't use the two cores, there will be one eventually. ;)

Flanker said:
^^ And thats the kind of BS that makes me flame people, not to mention earn visits from Gaara (which, I think I'm due for one).

It's kind of sad when people blame you for them not being able to control themselves. You do NOT have to flame anybody about anything, YOU choose to flame people not ME.

Okay now that my thread has been officially hijacked about single core vs. dual core and a flame war erupted I am done with this thread because I have made my decision. I grow weary of this sort of thing, why don't somebody just start another dual vs. single. and I am just going to go on with my life and let people have their own opinion even if it is the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom