Is it better to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then it's not needed I forget the technical name but it's for web apps that do not do the calculating on the client it does the calculating on the server and sends the results back to the client. That is the only true reason you would need such processors and even then you would need lots of people requesting the apps.

Flanker... Please enlighten me to the source of all you're "knowledge". That you believe makes you smarter then anyone else in this forum? Are you a college student majoring in computer science? Do you have a college degree? Seriously? What's your education? Do you have a masters degree? Please tell the truth.
Are you A+ Certified? Network Certified? MCSE Certified? What are you're certifications? Do you have any?

lol - (No i've never heard of a bottleneck flanker.) What's that?

There are bottlenecks in virtually every aspect of computing.
MEMORY is the biggest bottleneck in current PC's. Software is another. Hard Drives bottleneck CPUS. It is possible for a CPU to bottleneck a GPU, not just a GPU bottlenecking a CPU.

The fact of all this is, building a PC with hardware all with-in the same generation is a good way to lessen bottlenecks. You won't buy a 7800GTX and run it in a machine with an AMD Sempron CPU & you wouldn't run Geforce Ti4400 with an AMD FX-57. Those are obviously combinations for bottlenecks.

But, matching a 7800GT with an Athlon X2 3800+ is hardly going to show any profound bottlenecks. You're not going to sit there and say, "**** it!!! My PC is bottleneckin' I hate this P.O.S"

Software is going to be a bottleneck. That's why software needs to be written to utilize dual core processers. It must be able to multithread to take advantage of the dual core. Which it will be.
Hence my term, "Dual Core Support".

If games "software" are designed to utilize multithread/dual core environments, regardless of GPU bottlenecks or any other bottleneck for that matter, why would Dual Core CPU's out perform Single Core CPU's? That's the arguement here. Dual Cores better then Single Cores. The matching of CPU with GPU is obvious. I don't see were your arguement is based from?
If a game "software" is designed to take advantage of hardware, that's designed to aid software... how is this a bad thing in your opinion. Dual Core CPU that will split the task of processing smarter AI and the other task will be processing physics allowing game devs. to improve overall game play, how is this a bad thing?
It seems to me that the real bottleneck here to next generation games / software is Single Core CPU's. That's why GPU's were created. To specifically render. Now Ageia is developing a PPU & Software SDK which is responsible for just physics.

So were is your arguement? You bring up bottlenecks and don't support why you think Dual Cores won't be an advantage in UT2007, which was your first question to me.

You just continually tell me "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT." Then you type something about bottlenecks and say, (YOU PROBABLY) don't know that they exist. You argue to argue. That's the simple fact of who you are. Instead of simply adding a comment or correcting someone, you will try to "Flex" your "Self Proclaimed" intelligence. Your key to this is insulting others. lol - and you will quote everything and try to put an illogical twist on it.Trying to make yourself look like such a....big....man......

Go ahead... Continue your arguement. Tell me how I don't know what i'm talking about and surf the internet looking for articles that you can come back at me and say, "I bet you don't know this.."

Okay guys thanks, I decided to go with the dual core toledo and the 7800GT. Everything in my sig plus a case and DVD burner costs $1595.81 almost all from newegg (except for sound card) before shipping which should cost around 40 bucks.

I just can't wait till xmas when I can finally order all of it and put it together. About 80% of it is from my own money and the rest is going to be christmas.

I never said you didn't know what a bottleneck was, I said you weren't aware that GPUs always bottleneck CPUs, learn to read. And I only insult you, everyone else I just talk to. You lend yourself to being insulted by insulting me, simple as that. Stop talking as if you know everything about me, cuz you don't know shit fool.

You don't have to go around wasting your time writing an essay for a reply. If one of the dual cores is working on AI (which multiplayer games like UT don't use, unless you're playing with bots, which is no fun) that leaves one core to run the game, which is no more powerful than a single processor, and is infact weaker. Thats a stupid example, so lets move on to an example where a game in totally divided on the two processors. Two problems; GPU bottlenecking and game FPS limit. Either way, having a stronger processor won't help. Either you'll be stuck at a certain FPS with the GPU, or you'll have reached the game's FPS limit. Either way, your performance doesn't increase with a Dual-Core processor.

If you write another essay, I'll laugh at you.

flanker, did u have rough childhood or something? ...and also u talk like very uneducated man to me..
i dunno what u r tryin to do here but none of ur posts r helpful to any1..
u just make ppl unconfortable...
dunno whats got to do w/ u and HAVOC2k5...but cant u talk like grown man?
unless...u r really like 12 years old....
if u disagree w something and try to correct that, what u r doin is not helping at all. just learn how to talk like adult...or noone will listen to u...its just a common sense..

Flanker, yes, a CPU CAN bottleneck a graphics card.
my CPU bottlenecks my GPU a lot of the time (Athlon XP 2800+)
it depends on how much physics, AI and whatever is in the game.

if I play Generals against several hard enemies (yes I still play Generals) then the CPU has to deal with a lot of AI (the hard enemies build and control lots of stuff) and it DOES bottleneck my GPU, which by the way isn't extremely powerful itself (an FX-5200)
if I play against one easy enemy (I sometimes did when I first started playing) it doesn't have to deal with much, and the game goes much faster. and that's with the same level of graphics.

the FX-57, although it is very powerful, can and sometimes does bottleneck a GPU. although it would be moree so on higher-end GPU's, such as the 7800's

And that post sounded like a 5 year old's to me. How long have you been here? Thats what I thought. Just because you've seen 2 or 3 of my posts doesn't show you how I am ok? I'm getting sick of you assholes always being on my case. Try and talk to me calmly and I'll reply the same way. **** with me, I'll **** with you.

apokalipse said:
Flanker, yes, a CPU CAN bottleneck a graphics card.
my CPU bottlenecks my GPU a lot of the time (Athlon XP 2800+)
it depends on how much physics, AI and whatever is in the game.

if I play Generals against several hard enemies (yes I still play Generals) then the CPU has to deal with a lot of AI (the hard enemies build and control lots of stuff) and it DOES bottleneck my GPU, which by the way isn't extremely powerful itself (an FX-5200)
if I play against one easy enemy (I sometimes did when I first started playing) it doesn't have to deal with much, and the game goes much faster. and that's with the same level of graphics.

the FX-57, although it is very powerful, can and sometimes does bottleneck a GPU. although it would be moree so on higher-end GPU's, such as the 7800's

A Athlon XP 2800+ cannot directly bottleneck the GPU. Bottlenecking the GPU would be degrading the image quality when the GPU is obviously not at fault. Your FX 5200 is bottlenecking your A-XP like mad. I've run a FX 5200 in a Pentium III 1.0GHz proc and I played BF2 fine with 383MB RAM. You don't give the processor enough cred. Yea, a processor can bottleneck, I never said it couldn't. But not in your case...as you said, your graphics remain the same. Your problem is that you simply don't have a strong enough processor.

yes it can.
the CPU actually plays a part in making the graphics. it makes all the shapes, then the video card colours it in.
if I play with lots of AI, it means the CPU can't do as much with the shapes because it's concentrating on AI. therefore the video card has to wait longer for the CPU to send it the shapes before it can generate the final output.
in other words, the video card can't do as much because it's waiting on the CPU. there you have it. a bottleneck, caused by the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom