Xp Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidd

Baseband Member
Alright, I'm having a strange problem with starting windows XP Home.

When I start it up ( I have two boot files, one is a PS2 boot screen, and the other the original boot file with the XP logo) I continue into the start-up. As it gets in to the next scrren, it freezes at the Windows is starting up... screen. I can get into safe mode, and I've tried numorus times to figure out the problem.

I also installed a 512MB Kingston RAM module, I went into safe mode and ran a dxdiag and it picked it up. Although, I then tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, where it froze on the Windows is starting up... screen again. Could it possibly be that the RAM module is having problems with my Netgear PCI card? Or could it be a corrupt file in my system, or registry?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

When I was fooling around with Style XP, I was sort of getting bored of the XP start up look, so I changed it to the PS2 start-up look. Although I've had those 2 for alittle over a year now.

you need to replace your boot.ini file back to default. Maybe that is your problem. Which logon you going thru? go to msconfig and go to boot.ini and click on check boot paths and see if it gives you an error and the ability to remove it

go into safe mode wit networking, download msconfig cleanup run it so it removes youur startup entries and then reboot back into windows. It maybe something in your startup folder....maybe

I am having a similar problem. I have been getting the prompt to verify my home xp copy bndled with my Sony vaio. Problem was that I lost my home net connection and access to the internet to verify. Ok, I thought, when I solve the home net prob I'll verify. However now my notebook with all my banking etc is froze at the "windows is starting" screen. Down in the bottom right corner is a box stating that my copy may be...and now there goes the monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom