I bought this computer from a friend for $200 with everything:

Antec Case
Celeron CPU 2.00GHZ 128mb cache
SOYO P45 Dragon Ultra
Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
Western Digital 40gb
2x512mb Corsair ValueRAM
monitor,keyboard, etc.....

Is it possible to make the agp slot go up to 8x so that i can use the 9600s full potential? Im getting a new computer soon and was going to give this to my parents and i am trying to get it ready. Thanks for you help guys.

Ok then, somewhere i saw on my computer that only 64mb of my 9600 was being used and my friend told me it was because of the AGP slot being only 4x and the card 8x. Is there something else i must change for it to use all 128mb or is the card too good for the computer?

Ok then, somewhere i saw on my computer that only 64mb of my 9600 was being used and my friend told me it was because of the AGP slot being only 4x and the card 8x. Is there something else i must change for it to use all 128mb or is the card too good for the computer?
First off....your friend is wrong.

2nd, you probably saw 'AGP Aperture' which is different from your video cards memory. The AGP Aperture setting ( in this case is probably the 64mb that you're seeing) refers to the amount of system memory that will be used once the video memory is used up.

Thaks, it probably was the aperature size i was looking at. This isnt really a big deal for me because im getting a new computer and giving this ones to my parents. I appreciate you helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom