2nd build, final version...rate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
This is the final version of my 2nd ever PC build. let me know what you think.

Motherboard and CPU
D452-2030-out2-hl.jpg

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D w/AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice core 1.8Ghz $259.99

Case
11-156-175-14.JPG

Raidmax X1 w/450 Watt PSU $64.99

Hard Drive
TSD-160M.jpg

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160 Gig $60.00

Video Card
P450-7274-main.jpg

XFX GeForce 6600LE 256mb DDR PCIe $79.99

Memory
20-161-627-01.JPG

Wintec AMPO 1Gig (2x512mb) 184 pin DDR SDRAM Dual channel $76.44

Optical Drive
27-151-091-01.JPG

Samsung SH-W162C DVD/CD burner combo drive $45.99

Monitor
24-001-192-01.JPG

Samsung SychMaster 914V 19" LCD flatscreen $199.99

Only thing I don't have to buy on the list is the monitor, I got it the day after thanksgiving for $199.99

That power supply that comes with the Case is crap, find a Case that comes without a power supply, and Buy the 400 Watt Fortron for 39.99$.

I would also get a better Video card that thing won't play new games for shit on even medium settings, and The RAM is ok if you don't plan to OC.

Ste said:
That power supply that comes with the Case is crap, find a Case that comes without a power supply, and Buy the 400 Watt Fortron for 39.99$.

I would also get a better Video card that thing won't play new games for shit on even medium settings, and The RAM is ok if you don't plan to OC.
I'm assuming you've had firsthand experience with that particular PSU(the one that comes w/the case I want)

I'm not a gamer so that's a non-issue to me...I prolly won't OC, I don't really have a need to. I'm sure that system will be plenty fast for me, especially in comparison to my current setup of a Celeron 697mhz CPU w/320mb RAM.

Why would you waste your money on the DFI? I'm not saying it's a bad board at all, I love them myself but that's an overclocking board and that really isin't overclocking ram. It would seriously bottleneck your overclock if you were to overclock. Everything else looks to be pretty good, but remember if you ever do decide to play games that card is going to be crap.

Yea even if you aren't a gamer, i'd stay away from XFX. And i've never heard of that ram company....

macdude425 said:
Then maybe you should scale down the mobo a bit too since you probably aren't going to OC nor use SLI?
I'm not going to OC or use SLI at the moment, should I change my mind I'll have a great foundation to do so on. Gotta think of the future, right?

reggie_da_man said:
Why would you waste your money on the DFI? I'm not saying it's a bad board at all, I love them myself but that's an overclocking board and that really isin't overclocking ram. It would seriously bottleneck your overclock if you were to overclock. Everything else looks to be pretty good, but remember if you ever do decide to play games that card is going to be crap.
I don't see it as wasting my money since it'll give me plenty room to upgrade in the future....I'd be able to put in a different CPU, RAM, Video card, OC em all and still have a stable system with an excellent foundation.

Plus, this combo is a few bucks cheaper than my original mobo/cpu combo of an ABIT KN8 w/Athlon64 3200+ Venice core

Riceball said:
Yea even if you aren't a gamer, i'd stay away from XFX. And i've never heard of that ram company....
I just read a review about the 6600 DDR2, supposed to be in the $100 range and be a decent lil card, I may opt for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom