Bootable symantec Ghost cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandeep

Beta member
Hi
Does anyone know how to build symantec ghost 8 bootable cd with network support having multi lan card driver as well NTFS partition support.

Please let me know if anyones know about it.

Regards

It's already bootable just pop in the cd into your cdrom drive and have your first boot device set to the cdrom.

Ayeeee vu!! If ANYONE figures this out I will love you forever..I tried this many a times with BART PE and failed horribly. I tried converting the boot floppies which had all my NIC drivers and such into a bootable CD..and I got it to boot from the CD, but it never worked right because I have to boot from 2 floppies..one that contains the NIC stuff and the other ghost.exe.

I dont know why it didnt work though because I got it to boot from the CD..it just never loaded the NIC drivers..it errord out right away..maybe one of the guru's on here can try building us one..I would almost be willing to pay out of my own pocket to get a working bootable CD...lol..floppies=the devil.

ghost cd.

Eaxtly Floppy disk suxs. I want to make ghost cd which can have all my network card driver support so that i can dump or restore my image on throught my ghost cast server . Somehow i have succeeded but then it supports 1 nic card at a time.

Grayfox said:
It's already bootable just pop in the cd into your cdrom drive and have your first boot device set to the cdrom.

Also my ghost CD was not bootable..I tried on several machines..then I made sure everything was cool and booted from an XP CD with no problems. We are running Ghost 8.0 Enterprise if I recall.

you guys should try to find an old copy of drive image floating around. ghost 8 and 9 are the poorman's version of powerquest's drive image. norton bought out powerquest, yet ghost is still inferior to drive image. Ghost 7 were symantec 's version which had lot of issues. ghost 8 and 9 is a reworked product based off of drive image. but it is still not as good

you would think the merging the minds of symantec and powerquest would improve the product. but symantec has a certain arrogance in which they always think that they are right. the result...

a product that is inferior than it was when it first come out

you would never have these issues with drive image as it came with network and raid support (something else that symantec seems to have issues with)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom