cant decide what video card to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwk705

Beta member
i'm new to this and i just got everything for my new comp but i don't know what video card to get
so far my setup looks like this
AMD FX-55 Processor
Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE Socket939/nForce4 SLI x16/2GbE
2gb of pc3200 corsair xms ram
480 Antec ps

so now i need a video card i was thinking of getting the geforce 6800gs but then i saw the 7800gt now i don't know what to get so yeah i'm not entirely sure

defintely get the 7800GT for 280 dollars :)

why are you getting the FX-55? why not dual core and maybe a DFI NF4 SLI-DR expert mobo and some quality OCZ ram

Get some OCZ RAM and the 7800GT. Also look into getting a dual core processor instead. Those are the best bets, maybe a different mobo but don't need it.

The 7800 GT is your best choice it used to be a l33t card often compaired with the 7800 GTX but the price drop just arrived for this card not to long ago. For around $300 for a quality GT when it used to be alot more you can't go wrong.

why is the 7800gt better than the 6800gs the only difference on the specs is that one of them has more pixel lines 12 vs 20 and the gs has a faster clock speed and the price difference

everything is all about pipelines not pixel lines lol

8 more does way more performance.

go look at some benchmarks of them, i dont have any one let me go seartch for some

44026e02.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom