Mce 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually alot of the problems I had may have been do to a failing mobo.I did get a MCE certified card I think it was the AIW 9600, and I hated it.So I went back to my 8500 AIW and got a hauppauge card to handle tv.I was also having a problem with divx playing through the mce interface, it would play in xp but not through mce interface, its working now but im not really sure what fixed it.

you probably got the right codec now. I use matroska pack to play my divx files

I've been using the klite mega pack now it seems to work well, I like not having to install quicktime and realplayer and just have media player handle everything. :)

Also while we're on the topic, what dvd software is needed to make a video dvd in MCE the only disc format im able to burn is a data dvd, I have nero 7 installed but i'm assuming thats not enough since the video dvd option is missing.

Bruce said:
Also while we're on the topic, what dvd software is needed to make a video dvd in MCE the only disc format im able to burn is a data dvd, I have nero 7 installed but i'm assuming thats not enough since the video dvd option is missing.

MCE weakness. you have to buy a product from arcsoft to burn dvd's in MCE. a lot of people felt lied to by microsoft, when they made the claim that mce 2005 could now burn dvd's. they fail to mention that you could only burn data dvd's, which kinda defeated the purpose

no problem. if you buy it, you should upload it to a torrent, because most people thought that they were getting this feature already. MS know that they lied (I.E. Mislead) about the dvd recording feature to increase sales of mce 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom