Need Help Understanding CPU Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
my P4

My p4 system runs around 30-35 c when idel and load
The CPU can get anywhere from 46-65 c its probbly joust your case just get good air flow and if you want you can try out the spark 7+ if you have a 478 pin set it works well for mine goes form 1200 - 6000 rpms can get al il load but they give you a fa ncontroller so that isnt a big deal..i suggest maybe a diffrent case with good airflow and maybe a diffrent heatsink

i downloaded smartguardian to monitor my computer temps
it reads:
CPU=24C
PWMIC=32C
CHIPSET=47C

What is the PWMIC?
and isnt chipset and cpu the same thing?

No, a chipset is a interface for a CPU Im not sure what PWMIC stands for but maybe after a quick google or someone on here can help you out.

Your Chipset btw is the Northbridge and South Bridge for your mobo

System temp = case temp = motherboard temp.

The motherboard has a sensor on it that programs call various things, but they're all the same.

When people talk about their CPU temperature, they're talking about the CPU-die temperature. Also, I think you may have put too little/too much paste on the CPU. I have the 7000B also (installed with Arctic Silver 5) and my case, by nature, has no fans per se. The CPU idled at 40C without any fans until I modded my case. So even if you have no fans in your case, the CPU should idle at about 40C--probably even lower since my case is small. Here is a guide to putting on Arctic Silver, and it could probably be applied to regular thermal paste as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom