What heat sink for a evga 7800gt and what paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VF-700cu or a NV5

im debating on this also. i just bought a 7800GT yesterday :D

AS5 defintely for thermal paste

PZEROFGH said:
VF-700cu or a NV5

im debating on this also. i just bought a 7800GT yesterday :D

AS5 defintely for thermal paste
Agreed! Arctic Silver! As to whether the VF-700 or the NV Silencer will give you better temps, it probably depends on the airflow in your case. If you've got lots of fans to whisk the heat away from the graphics card, the VF-700 will probably be better, but if you don't have much exhaust air flow, go with the NV Silencer 5 since it expels the hot air out of the case right away instead of letting it accumulate inside. I think the NV Silencer 5 might be quieter, too.

I was wondering cause whebever i want to oc my video cards it maxes out i think because of the card itself, not because of temps. So i wanted to know if those two additions would help temps and oc. I want to hit atleast 500/1200. Maybe 600/1300 if im lucky.....

hmm, i think your dreaming a little, maybe if you had water cooling you could

ilovesocks said:
I think the NV Silencer 5 might be quieter, too.

Hmm... Disagree.

I own the ZF-700 or whatever it's called, and I can't even tell it's there. My 80mm fans are semi-noisy, and Zalman... I really cannot hear it, at all. It's silent. I took off my case side and tried to listen. It's just not even there.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Hmm... Disagree.

I own the ZF-700 or whatever it's called, and I can't even tell it's there. My 80mm fans are semi-noisy, and Zalman... I really cannot hear it, at all. It's silent. I took off my case side and tried to listen. It's just not even there.

Ryan
Ah, well there you go! :D

I have the 7800gt and with stock cooling i was able to hit 530/1250 buuut it wasnt very stable and i was getting some blue screens and random reboots :( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom