Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey020

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that I bought for my wife's business a year ago. I want to be able to play games on it, but the integrated graphics card is just not doing it.

After reading through some of the articles on this site I decided I wanted to go with:

Video Card: BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC AGP8X 128MB Dual DVI-I TV-OUT Video Card Retail Box

and

Power Supply: Fortron FSP/SPI SAGA AX450-PN 450W ATX12V 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan P4 AMD Ready Retail

I have never upgraded a computer before and just wanted to make sure that this would work. This comes to about $350 CAD and is the upper limit of my budget to make this work. I have read suggestions of saving and buying a new computer, but I won't be doing that for about 2-3 years.

As for games I want to play: Age of Empires 3, FPS, etc. I don't care about having the greatest graphics possible at this time, I just want something that doesn't slow to about one frame per minute in a fight.

Cheers.

Trotter said:
The AGP version of the 6800 GS is due out in a week or so...

How much is it expected to go for? After a mail in rebate I am getting the 6600GT for $200 CAD. I really can't spend more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom