Where will technology be in 50 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesoldier

In Runtime
Its always fun to think where technology will be in the future. So i was wondering where do you think technology will be at in 50 years (that is, the year 2055)?

=)

Thats hard to imagine...if we don't destroy ourselves as a society before then, i would imagine it will be pretty amazing...first though, we need an alternative energy source. We wont make it too much farther with oil as our primary energy source.

hmm yes i suppose. To tell you the truth, i think we can last on oil; just not when everyone is using it. When NEED oil prices to increase to limit our use of it. This will lead to less demand on the oil. Since oil prices will be high, more people will invest in renewable energy, such as solar or wind power. Also this will cause the government to decrease restrictions on nuclear power this means that more nuclear power plants will be built to supply us with cheap electrical power.

So lets say, we do find a new energy scource, how will technology change lol???

i don't think cpu's will make it much further than 10ghz at the most. i think the future will follow the way of AMD and rather than boosting operating frequency cpu's will boast far more instructions per cycle. the way i see the future is (i believe the term is) "digital convergence". almost all devices will be able to interact with each other and making changes between media a hell of a lot easier. we're already getting there now with stereos that can have an mp3 player directly connected to them.

Crazy crap like biomechanical pc parts, makes sense really a cell can hold lots of information and split and divide turn it into a hard drive form and thats Alot of extra space you can have. Or quantum pcs coming to the for front which I havnt got a clue about it. Think it has something to do with a thing can appear at 2 places at the exact same time meaning no loading times presumably.

In 50 years, nobody will exist. I will imagine the earth exploding, and it will happen. You can count on it.

the earth exploding? what with, strategically placed C4 charges at its foundations? i can see what you mean but i don't think "explosion" is the word. as for quantum computing i don't see it becoming mainstream until well after 50 years. quantum computers work on the principle of the dual nature of matter. rather than using bits they use qubits, and because of its dual state it can be both a 1 and a 0 at the same time. at least thats my understanding. look up i believe its called "schroedingers cat theorem" and that might give some insight into the quantum side of things.

look up i believe its called "schroedingers cat theorem"
you're in for a mind screw over if you get into that crap....I believe a very small part of it is in essence "If you look at the cat...you've killed the cat...the cat is both dead, yet living" or something weird like that.....sooo yeah it's pretty out there stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom