Help with final Decision! Gaming PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawmaterial

In Runtime
Okay I posted a similar post but lets start all over....

How about I need a processor, videocard, and ram. All around 650! I am going to be using the computer for GAMES! 2gb ram would be nice! My main games are battlefield 2, WOW, FEAR, Cs Source!

Ya, might want to save up a little more. Why? because thats not enough to make a computer that will play newer games on good settings.

Do you need a moniter, mouse, speakers, keyboard, or anything else?

everything?

Rawmaterial said:
all i need is

Processor

Ram

Videocard

Thanks!

We going to need to know what motherboard you using before we can recommend anything otherwise we dont know what compatiable.

Any of those games will need a $600 GFX card alone to be able to play well... and that's already your whole budget!!

bigtrain. said:
Any of those games will need a $600 GFX card alone to be able to play well... and that's already your whole budget!!

???? You crazy people get way to carry away sometimes. There is 100,000's of people playing all those games I am willing to bet you 99% of them did not spend $600 on a video card. Now yes to play Fear on 1600X1200 with 4xAA8XAF you would need a $500 video card but most people dont plan on playing it on those settings.

I give a more reasonable recomendation for your budget once I know your motherboard.

bigtrain. said:
WTH? Please do not go around giving advice when you clearly do not know what your talking about.

I've seen $300 graphics cards play F.E.A.R on max settings with 1280x1024 pretty **** nice. I think the fps was over 45-50 or so.

Rawmaterial said:
all i need is

Processor

Ram

Videocard

Thanks!

im guessing the mobo is somewhere around a DFI UT NF4 ultra-D or some s939 mobo with pcie16, sense most people are getting AMD's

Processor = AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 166 dollars WTF??? it was 140 like last week, i say wait and let the price drop before you buy

Ram = your not going to get 2GB with that budget unless OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum System Memory - Retail 221 dollars after mail in rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210

VIDEO CARD = eVGA 6800GS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130258

209 dollars

that leaves you 53 dollars for shipping :)

I have a 6800GT which is cheap now and play FEAR, BF2, call of duty, far cry and half life 2 with ease on high settings. If you have a little more go with a 7800GT at most to keep within your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom