SCSI HD and cable and motherboard Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I am looking to find some nice figures for SCSI HD and SCSI motherborad (clear interfaces controller), I did googling, but all I found some unclear pictures.

I think the only motherboards that you will find that have onboard SCSI controlers are server boards, which you won't want for a PC, personnel use: etc etc.

Its better to buy a motherboard without SCSI onboard and just add a PCI card.

Thanks Ste.

I just want to see the SCSI controller how does it look like ? what are the ID for it ? where is the position for it ?

How do we connect the cable to it ?

I want to see pictures for that.

Because at work I have got SCSI but I can not open it

You can either connect up to 8 devices or 16 devices on the same cable,
Did you mean the cable that will be connected to onboard SCSI controlers ? Or the cable that will be connected to a SCSI PCI card connecter (because we have more that one connecter)? or both of them ?

The ID is for each drive or controler.
What did you mean by controler here ?

Did you mean the onboard on?

Or a SCSI PSI card ?

Or each connecter on a SCSI PCI card,,,because may be we have more that one connecters on a single SCSI PCI card

The drive here is obvious, which you meant : HD, CD rom,Scanner,---etc

zillah said:
Did you mean the cable that will be connected to onboard SCSI controlers ? Or the cable that will be connected to a SCSI PCI card connecter (because we have more that one connecter)? or both of them ?

What did you mean by controler here ?

Did you mean the onboard on?

Or a SCSI PSI card ?

Or each connecter on a SCSI PCI card,,,because may be we have more that one connecters on a single SCSI PCI card

The drive here is obvious, which you meant : HD, CD rom,Scanner,---etc

The cable connected to the PCI card. The host Adapter is considered a Device on the chain, must have its own ID.

you can have more than one conector on one card.

Their PCI cards not PSI.

I happen to have found a old SCSI controller card laying around that used to bleong to my old computer. If you are intrested we can negotiate the pricing.

You can either connect up to 8 devices or 16 devices on the same cable

Can we connect up to 8 devices or 16 devices on the same cable for onboard SCSI controlers which are on server boards ?

zillah said:
Can we connect up to 8 devices or 16 devices on the same cable for onboard SCSI controlers which are on server boards ?

Narrow SCSI allows up to 8 Devices.

Wide SCSI allows up to 16 Devices.

So it depends which one the card is and what Drive specifications..

Read the first link I gave you.

Sory, may be you misunderstood me.

I meant, can I connect a cable to onboard SCSI controlers ?

i.e can I connoct more than one drive (device) to a cable which is connectd to SCSI onboard intreface,,,(I am not looking to how many devices will be connected to that cable).

The reason I asked this question , because in your previous reply you said :

((The cable connected to the PCI card)),,,,you have not mentioned the onboard interface,,,,I though it should be excluded.

I hope you get what I am looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom