really pissing me off now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceflow

In Runtime
ok,

I have a 40 gig hd that is horribly fragmented and i cannot fix that.

I used the windows defragmenter but that isnt very effective. I got advice from a friend to download "Diskeeper" and it works slightly better than the windows and it tells me more about my hardrive but it still ony defrags like 5 percent of my hardrive!

so more than half of my hd is "red" thats 3.45 fragments a file.

I have 16 percent free now and im running it again but i highly expect it to crap out again.

Suggestions? Anyone?

Attachments

• untitled-1 copy.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 22
Cant you just reinstall it all.Only thing i really have trouble defragging are kazaa DL's.Then again stuff i really want to keep go straight to DvD.

I would tell you to back up anything you need, reformat, reinstall windows, then reinstall your software. I think your hard drive is past help.

I think ur not killin' other processes running in the background

Try killin' all other apps n' then defragmenting the drive

preet2u that isn't the problem, my hardrive is just fragmented. There arn't many applications running.

As for reformating the only thing i will loose is my starcraft because ive lost my cd key and if i have to reninstall i will need it again. but i will most likely have to do that when WoW comes out anyways to make room for it (it is over 5 gigs)!

btw its down to 2.16 fragments a file now. I just going to fix it to defrag every day at 6 pm or somthings and maybe in two weeks it will be ok. lol.

Put the slave the hard drive in on another computer with the same OS. Then defrag / scan disk from there.

yeah, when the computer boots, put in the 2000/XP CD and go to the recovery console; from there type chkdsk and it should tell you if there are any errors on the hard disk
I'm, assuming you have 2000 or XP because you have the "documents and settings" folder

well whatever the problem is, its gone, everything is gone. We have to give our computer away to my brother at university. So i reformatted and now its gone. *sniff*

i kept my graphics card and this weekend we are going part shopping. from a clone store i found a really good deal

2.6 intel with HT
512 ddr
52X reader
52X writer
ASUS p4p800 deluxe
black ultra crazy super quiet Lian Li case
and a 80 gig hd

for 950 with tax added, but i need to build it.

I will put in my geforce 4 ti4200 from my old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom