best way to compress files

Status
Not open for further replies.
WinRar is god of compression. Adds in a few other nice features also.

You are talking about is not compressing it is more like "killing" you are not retaining the data you are losing the data in a non recoverable stat. But yeah in this case divX or mpeg4 probably is the best.

Tyler1989 said:
WinRar is god of compression. Adds in a few other nice features also.

You are talking about is not compressing it is more like "killing" you are not retaining the data you are losing the data in a non recoverable stat. But yeah in this case divX or mpeg4 probably is the best.

Tyler could you go into details what you mean by this? (Not being an ass I am really curious). I thought all compression did was retain the files but simply compact them..It would be great to have a deeper knowledge.

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough what your doing to fit it on a disc is ideal for this case. But I generally think of Compression as zip or rar or something that makes files smaller without a lose in data or quaility. When you are converting it to divX or mpeg 4 you are losing your data or quality and cannot get it back. Thats what I meant by it simple?

ohh ohh...yes yes that much I understood..I thought you were referring to RARing or ZIPing that killed the files..which is why I was thrown for a loop..thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom