Can not use "regedit" from the run command in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is "malware"? i have an adware/spyware/virus scanner...zone alarm security

but what is malware? never heard of it...

Malware (a portmanteau of "malicious software") is a type of software designed to take over and/ or damage a computer user's operating system, without his or her knowledge or approval. Once installed, it is often very difficult to remove, and depending on the severity of the program installed, its handiwork can range in degree from the slightly annoying (such as unwanted pop up ads while a user is performing regular computing tasks on or offline), to irreparable damage requiring the reformatting of one's hard drive, since much of malware is poorly written. Examples of malware include viruses and trojan horses.

just looked at it on google, its malfunctioning software...
I think its a general term for programs that do harm to a computer such as virus/spyware and other computer nasties, and its from malicious software. I wondering where you got that because a google search for malware has result which have malicious software in there description.

cantes903 said:
Whenever I try and use the "regedit" command from the run line in the start menu using Windows XP I get the error that says "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. Then a line of letters and codes and it says to choose 'close' to terminate the program." If I choose close or ignore it closes anyway.
The only help I have found was at Microsoft.com and it was talking about using the install disk and going to the run line and inputting another code. Well, my computer came from a rent to own place and already had XP installed. So I don't have the install disk.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Here is a screen shot of the error:

doserror.gif

Did you try the reg entry I posted?

Update on jproblem, still not working

Hey Warez Monster, I did try that and unfortuantely it didn't fix the problem. Thanks though.

Sure as long as I can figure out where to put them. Thanks!
I'm on yahoo IM if you want to go that route. ID cantes903

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom