risks of updating windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
are there risks of viruses, spyware, adware when you update windows? will windows update give you updates containing spyware or viruses? One of my teachers asked when they were going to update their school PC.

i would guess that updates help get rid of spyware, not create spyware?

I have personally never heard of someone getting something from windows update. Then again I have seen stranger things happen.

IMO : Your safe to update.

alright, thanks...

another reasons my school is afraid to update:
i think their O.S.'s are bootlegged :(

is it true that you can use one xp cd/license for millions of computers?

microsoft doesnt check the PC, so i guess you could install it a million times/share a cd?

3 years ago in august or September, thousands of computers got locked up when they went to windows updates. MS were locking peoples computers who had illegal keys. the problem was they lock a lot of people computer who had legit keys.

it cause power outages and a lot of other problems. MS blamed it on a virus. these days they won't really mess with your computer unless you have a blacklist key.

talldude123 said:

microsoft doesnt check the PC, so i guess you could install it a million times/share a cd?

As many times as you want....

talldude123 said:

Yes if you have an enterprise license you can do this legally so long as it is a legit bought version. We use one XP CD for all our installs here at our enterprise.

As for the updates yes it is safe and should be considered mandatory. It would be cool if they were bootlegged..you could make some bank off that stuff..:p

Warez Monster said:
As many times as you want....
False the moment two people use the same key two different hardware profiles are sent to that key. If the hardware profiles do not match it is reported as bootlegged.

To see what happens when you have a bootleg PC read a few posts up.

Tyler1989 said:
False the moment two people use the same key two different hardware profiles are sent to that key. If the hardware profiles do not match it is reported as bootlegged.

To see what happens when you have a bootleg PC read a few posts up.

False times 10......I have used the same volume license key on a crap load of different computers for 4 years now, which is how long I have had the serial.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom