Instructions for firmware for LG dvd-rw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarsky

Solid State Member
I found a firmware for my LG dvd-rw, and the instructions on the site says:

1. Connect the drive as ¡°master¡± by it self, on the secondary IDE controller with
no other device on the same IDE cable, making note to set the jumper on
the back of the drive to the ¡°master¡± position.

2. Download the file GSA-4163A105(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice.
This download includes this "Read me(ew)" text file, as well as the GSA4163A105.EXE
program, which will auto-update your drive¡¯s firmware.

3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs.
(If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the update process,
thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).

4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray
before you start the update procedure.

5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GSA4163A105.EXE program
and click the¡°update¡±button (red). Once the update is complete,
you will see¡°Firmware Update Complete¡±and the button will become green
and advise you to reboot the system.

¡Ø You will need to reboot your PC
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to my question, do I really have to switch my dvd drive to a master, and put it on the second IDE controller? because curently i think its under slave and its connected to my hard drive's IDE cable in the first IDE controller, andd my second IDE controller is taken by my cd drive

if your really in to burning dvds, it's always a good idea to have the latest firmware. i always update my firmware in safe mode f8 at startup.

check out the cdfreaks.com site. they have a section in there forums for lg burners and tons of info to read up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom