Which X-Fi??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get BF2 to start at all, I would double click it, and the screen would turn black as if it were going to start, and then it would just dump me back at the desktop with no errors or anything. BTW, that was back when I had an Audigy2 ZS, I haven't tried it since. Ok, thanks for clearing that up about the CMSS 3D... I will try Stereo Xpand.

IF you have a legit copy of BF2... I can almost bet with 100% Certainity that it's a firewall issue. Because When I first installed it, i had a very similar issue.

You need to manually allow BF2 to access the interent in your firewall. Don't allow the automatic crap. Cause it doesn't work. You have to add it manually. If this isn't your problem? I have no idea what is. With that PC & a legit copy... You should be fine.

that what i dont understand on the modes BS why? my audigy 2 ZS can do everything with with 1 mode. Wtf is this shit? why cant they have midi playback and gaming in the same mode? This is a no no for me. I cant be goign to audio setting so i can make music when i tired of gaming no. 1 mode everything. And i dont get why u guys think theses cards are 24 time better? if you speakers suck your sound will suck too. audigy 2 zs is way cheaper and is almost the same thing. and u dont have to jump modes danm it.

Go read some reviwes and see going from audigy 2 zs to one of this card u wont be blown on the audio side.

@HAVOK:
It was not the full game, it was the demo. And I was not using a firewall at the time I tried to play it.

@efd:
Hey, I just had this really sweet idea that I think you might like! If you don't like the X-fi sound card, don't buy it!! Is that not like the best idea you have ever heard??? And btw, my speakers DON'T suck. I have the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 system.

@EFD753:

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 system & Logitech z-5500's I would say hardly suck. So the need for a good sound card is essential.

You don't have to tell us that the Audigy 2 ZS is a good card, we know it is. I have one, it's sitting in antistatic wrapping in a box.
And it's not that much cheaper. You can buy it OEM for like $70 to $80. The Extreme Music X-fi is now under $110.00.

The fact of the matter is this. The x-fi cards have 24 times more processing power then the Audigy Series. The features are better then the Audigy 2 series. I've owned about 6 sound cards in my time and the x-fi is hands down the best one i've owned yet.

If you're stuck on the Audigy 2 series, hey, no harm... no foul. It's a good card... the x-fi cards are just much better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom