problems coming out of standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

xgrantp

Beta member
When the computer wakes from standby, there is no display on the monitor. I have tried running additional Windows updates and making sure it has the latest drivers from Dell, but still no luck. The only way to get the display back after resuming from standby is to hold the power button for a few seconds to cold boot it. The computer has had LogMeIn.com Free installed, so I am able to remote control it and see that the operating system is running, just no display!! I also tried updating the BIOS from rev. A22 to A32 but that did not help either. Any suggestions?

the virtual memory isn't going to fix anything, there is a conflict between the BIOS and your OS. I'm assuming you have Windows XP or 98.

You can only have 1 thing controlling your computers stand-by, the BIOS or OS. Your choice but I prefer OS. Go into your BIOS and turn off the limit of time your computer is idle before going into standby, that will give the OS control.

Goto the control panel then Power Options to control the standby time through the OS. If you select the stanby time as NEVER, then the BIOS will control the standby.

If both are turned off, the computer will never go into standby, and if they are both turned on the BIOS will fight the OS for control.

Well, I see what you are saying, but unfortunately I can't find any setting in my BIOS that refers to standy. I'll give the virtual memory thing a try, but I really would like to heasr if there are any other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom