Bigger Heatsink or Water Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95_GSX said:
my case is fairly large and has 5 80mm's i was thinking of adding a
a 120mm to the side panel window. there is already one 80mm there. thanks for the help. i deffinetly think some AS5 is going to help. thanks again.:beard:

Are your fan's set up properly? It could be you might have a problem with either not enough exhaust or not enough intake :confused: And defenitly use some AS5 ;)

i made a mistake i have 4 80mm and 1 120mm, the 120 is in the side pannel window. 3 80mm are intake and there is 1 80mm and the 120mm are exhausts. like i said i was thinking of putting a second 120 in the side pannel as an intake.

003 wrote
"The thermaltake big typhoon is the best air cooler if you want to stick to air cooling."

could you provide me with a link i couldnt find it on newegg. thanks

95_GSX said:
i made a mistake i have 4 80mm and 1 120mm, the 120 is in the side pannel window. 3 80mm are intake and there is 1 80mm and the 120mm are exhausts. like i said i was thinking of putting a second 120 in the side pannel as an intake.

How many fan's are on the back? and how are they set up? The back should be exhaust and that 120 on the side should be used for intake.

the way it is set up is there is 2 80mm in the back that pull air in, there is 1 80mm in that front that is intake. then there is the 120mm in the side panel that is exhaust, and 1 80mm on the top of the case that is exhaust. i dont see how there is any way to reverse the wiring to make them change direction. when i set it up the instructions didnt say anything but to wire them inline with each other. let me know what you think. :beard:

95_GSX said:
the way it is set up is there is 2 80mm in the back that pull air in, there is 1 80mm in that front that is intake. then there is the 120mm in the side panel that is exhaust, and 1 80mm on the top of the case that is exhaust. i dont see how there is any way to reverse the wiring to make them change direction. when i set it up the instructions didnt say anything but to wire them inline with each other. let me know what you think. :beard:

You don't wire them different to reverse the flow you just flip the fan over ;) You would want the back 1's as exhaust,The front and top should stay as they are but that 120 on the side should be set to intake,Doing it that way should drop your temp's a couple degree's,Try it out and see if there is a difference.

yeah after i posted i realized the ignorance of my statement. i have reversed my rear 1's, and flipped my 120. thanks.

EDIT>> it seems to have helped a little bit, its forcing cold air over my VC so that should take care of my heat problem with it, i still think i am going to upgrade my heat sink with a new air to air and some AS5. Do you think it would be a good idea to still install a second 120mm intake?:beard:

well i got on newegg.com tonight and ordered a Thermaltake Big Typhoon, and some AS5. it came to $60 shipped so i figured it i might as well give it a try. ill let you know how it works out. thanks for all the help. ;)

Alex81388 said:
If ur computer is that little box in ur signature, than of course it would do that...
I know that - that's what I'm saying: even though my case is a little box, the idle temperature is way below his, and he probably has a bigger case. I was trying to emphasize that airflow is important.

my big typhoon and AS5 just arived. so i will let you guys know how it goes.

before install

Under Load I hit 75*C(playing NWN)

Idle is around 56*C

well its time to pull out the MB, so i will talk to you all in a little bit.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom