What would you like to see at Tech Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Hello necroposting an old thread :)

[Admin Note: Split thread to make current.]

An autolocking feature for inactive inpopular thread's would be a good idea...

DJ-CHRIS said:
Hello necroposting an old thread :)

lol.. I am presuming you linked off my reply to the OT thread - "Who was the first TF poster" (or something rather) thread.. :)

Personally, I don't have a problem with necroposting. As long as it's not about "help me with my computer issue" type of thread. If it's a "theory/pure technology" type thread, I don't really see a problem if contributions are made later on..... Or even suggestions. Much like this thread :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Good suggestion. That may be a hack for this version and I'll definitely look for it.

Faster Mods/admins to ban spammers and delete their posts.
I personally wish we had faster members to report those posts instead of just replying trash to them. However, I'm looking into getting pocket rockets for all the Mods. I'm just kidding. Seriously, reporting the spam will help us to get rid of it faster.

Personally, I don't have a problem with necroposting. As long as it's not about "help me with my computer issue" type of thread. If it's a "theory/pure technology" type thread, I don't really see a problem if contributions are made later on..... Or even suggestions. Much like this thread
I agree with that, unless the thread gets to be a couple of years old like this one (which I split to make current). I think that most threads should be closed after about a month of no replies.

Dave :D

I think that most threads should be closed after about a month of no replies.

To which there was a general "here, here!" heard throughout the kingdom.

We definately need something like this.

i like the alt text preview option some some other boards have. You mouseover the thread topic and the alt text displays a preview of the first line or so.

yes, i agree. Im sure vbulletin has the option to do so as it happens on overclockers.com.au.

Mabye there is an option we are missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom