6600 GT to a 6800 GT is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep the 6600GT. It's going to treat you just fine for a little while yet. Don't waste your money on an upgrade so you feel like you're stuck with that computer longer than you should be. Put that $250 to the side and label it 'new computer savings'

Ryan

hey in about a weeks time they will release the 6800GS in apg so if you still want to upgrade just wait a little

omg the 6800GS is coming out in AGP WTF?!?!? i just bought a DFI UT NF4 ultra-D to upgrade to pcie16 LOL arg

I doubt the 6800GS is going to be ported to AGP...it's an entirely different core from the other 6800s and nvidia has marketed the 6800GS to be very popular in SLI...so people have been buying two to SLI

That being said, the 6800GS is significantly less than the 6800GT and you can use that money and invest in a PCI-E board...would be a much better move IMO

gaara said:
I doubt the 6800GS is going to be ported to AGP...it's an entirely different core from the other 6800s and nvidia has marketed the 6800GS to be very popular in SLI...so people have been buying two to SLI

That being said, the 6800GS is significantly less than the 6800GT and you can use that money and invest in a PCI-E board...would be a much better move IMO

Agreed.

Cwood, your sig may look fine to you, but its WAY too big.

ppl i need some advice on upgrading to a 6800gs, but im pretty sure my cpu isnt good enough. Its a p4 2.8 and i only have 256mb ram left, and im also going to upgrade 1gb more, what would be that right processor/mobo and what type of ram for my gateway.

heh sorry maybe this one is better btw ill tell ya ho wthis system is doing now!

Upgraded to a Albatron Px915P4c Pro and a geforce 7800 Gt i did the HL2 LC Stress test got 55.61 FPS on that and i can play fear around 35% with mazium at 8x AA and 16x the other.

So i like the upgrade ^.^

the AGP 6800 GS is crippled to 6800 GT clock speeds, but still has 4 less pipes.

when you upgrade, go to PCI-E. upgrade your CPU aswell, socket 478 is not good to be stuck on.

I would suggest at least socket 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom