need advice about buying new pc for gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
samtag said:
i wanted to get http://www.e4me.com/products/produc...eMachines_T6524

add a gig of ram and add a http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1476861&CatId=1560

and was wondering if this would be enough of what i need for upgrade the pc with what i want to play like the lists of games i just posted up

You could do better on the gfx card for that kinda money =/

I'm better at just plain building from scratch, but i'll try. ~_~

cpu's fine.... amd's good for gaming
your ram is fine. no need to spend more $ to upgrade
harddrive's fine

You could just buy it and play with it as is. See if and where it needs to be upgraded.

I can't find the mobo so i dunno what more to suggest =/

mother board

its 939 socket motherboard .what type of graphics card do you suggest or specific model would be best ? of course its has to be a pci express video

you guys need some experience intervention... Here's my recommended setup.

Case of your choice ~60
PSU: Rosewill RV450-2 ATX 2.01 450W ~41
AMD Athlon 3200+ ~160
MSI K8N Neo4-F s939 ~85
OCZ Value Series 2x512mb ~72 after mail in rebate
eVGA 6800GS PCIe 256mb ~209
WD Caviar 120gb 7200rpm SATA ~75
DVD Burner of your choice ~40
Floppy drive and cables + neon stuff if you want add 50 bucks.

Total: $792 SHIPPED

Ryan

Edit: I want absolutely no response on the quality of rosewill. No one in these forums has TRIED the parts. I have, and continue to use them in my custom builds for others. The performance is above average, the quality has been 100%, and the price is right. Don't talk about something you haven't used. Thank you.

Socket only has to do with cpu's and mobos, not gfx cards :confused:

Edit... rest o post erased ;)

good pc there ryan :eek:

future upgrading

i know that but in the future if i want to change the processor and add a AMD FX or AMDX2 it is possible to change out the current processor.

future upgrades

I was looking to seeing what else i can upgrade over time with the pc i'm thinking of getting other than the graphics card and ram if i need it

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
you guys need some experience intervention... Here's my recommended setup.

Case of your choice ~60
PSU: Rosewill RV450-2 ATX 2.01 450W ~41
AMD Athlon 3200+ ~160
MSI K8N Neo4-F s939 ~85
OCZ Value Series 2x512mb ~72 after mail in rebate
eVGA 6800GS PCIe 256mb ~209
WD Caviar 120gb 7200rpm SATA ~75
DVD Burner of your choice ~40
Floppy drive and cables + neon stuff if you want add 50 bucks.

Total: $792 SHIPPED

Ryan

Edit: I want absolutely no response on the quality of rosewill. No one in these forums has TRIED the parts. I have, and continue to use them in my custom builds for others. The performance is above average, the quality has been 100%, and the price is right. Don't talk about something you haven't used. Thank you.

Very nice job, Ryan! Truly impressed. This was what I was trying to get at for samtag in my inital reply.

Samtag, what Ryan posted is waaaayyyy more bag for the buck and, yes, you can upgrade. This is considerable better expenditure of money.

The socket 939 setup allows you to upgrade to ANY of the s939 processors that are in existance. This includes all dual core X2 series processors, s939 Opterons, any ordinary Athlon 64 upgrade, or even an FX series processor.

Ryan

Re: future upgrades

samtag said:
I was looking to seeing what else i can upgrade over time with the pc i'm thinking of getting other than the graphics card and ram if i need it

then you would be better off building something your self, or finding someone who can. It will be much more upgradeablle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom