Windows 98SE Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me link to a free nero that will me to make a bootable cd..Ive downloaded like three versions but when i try to make it bootable its asking for me to buy it... I remember I had a download once that allowed me to demo it and use the bootable option on it...

if it was xp, I could show you how to use another computer to install windows

If it was XP i was trying to install on the laptop I wouldnt be running into this problem since you can just boot from CD...
And the laptop does not meet the system requirements to my understanding for XP to function on it.. I tried to install XP on it but didnt go through all the way...

pandahater said:
If it was XP i was trying to install on the laptop I wouldnt be running into this problem since you can just boot from CD...
And the laptop does not meet the system requirements to my understanding for XP to function on it.. I tried to install XP on it but didnt go through all the way...

win 98 cd is bootable. the one that I have is

me no likey.. because

I had my first problem with panda's antivirus. I had installed the free trial it was fine at first but than the continuous balloons was one thing but the major problem occured when I wanted to uninstall it. There were several files that wouldnt remove..It's a long story took many threads and plenty of Hijack Logs to inspect this problem which wasnt a real problem at all. It had something to do with my firewall etc... Finally got it off though
me not say you shouldnt likey though
u kinda makin me likey again

Maybe it wasnt Panda but I learned a lot through that process of removeing something that was a lot easier than the route I took.

But yeah I was getting a lot of spyware and other stuff during the time of the incomplete removal...

I was mad at Panda for the time being so used this name for a forum and it stuck lol

ohh..lol..I thought you meant panda like an animal..I was thought there was no one alive who doesnt like a panda! unless perhaps the panda bit them or whacked them with bamboo or something of that nature.

Is it just that CD that wont boot or do others not boot?

nah I dont have nothing against animals or people haha..But your explanation of why someone would not like a panda is a good one.. Now you know I was referring to PandaAntirus..Other Cd's boot i just think this cd is not bootable. It's just the installation or files of windows 98se.

Talldude, I tried that but I think that Windows XP has a system requirements limitation that the laptop doesnt meet.

I actually brought this laptop back for someone it was heavily infected etc... and made it work major updates and everything. Than a few weeks later it was turned off in the midst of a defragmentation and than on restart it was asking for Disc 2 Windows 2000 which the person never had because the OS came installed.

I tried the LInux route forget it...NOt me maybe its ok but I didnt like it at all...The complete installation of linux was not successful and the live cd of it was garbage to me.

LIke i said ive ordered a couple of Cd's from Ebay and one is to get to the harddrive to completely clean out the harddrive again i know a bit of linux is on there, and the second cd is supposed to install the cd rom drivers and take me to a OS installation point where I will be able to slap in the Windows 98se CD that I am sitting on...Does this sound right to you guys..

First panda hater on earth...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom