Bigger Heatsink or Water Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
I am having problems with my system getting hot when i am doing same fairly low demand gaming, and downloading. my CPU has gotten over 70*C, my VC is having the same problem. my MB is staying fairly cool though. i was wondering if i should just upgrade my CPU heatsink or if i should look at going to a water cooling system. i looked at some HS on newegg.com last night. ASUS VR Guard CPU Cooler for LGA775 is the best one ASUS makes for about $50. it had good reviews. but i need a bigger drop than just 5 or 6 degrees. so what would you guys suggest?
if you would please leave any links for sites that have complete watercooling systems it would be appreciated. also any experiences you have had with them. thanks for your help.

My Tower112 does an amazing job cooling my Prescott. Might want to check it out...

if you really want cold temps you could set up a vapor change setup ..... pm me and i send you some info.......... you could also use liuqid h2 and co2 cooling ........

I am newb to performance computers and this is the first system i have built. but my MB has a 4-pin cpu fan connection, while this ZALMAN CNPS9500 has a 3-pin connection. is this going to present any problems? thanks. :beard:

Does your case have adequate airflow? If I turn off my case fan, the CPU idle temp jumps by 10C, and the load temp jumps by 5-10C more than that! Also, try using AS5 if you haven't already and make sure you're applying it properly.

95_GSX said:
I am newb to performance computers and this is the first system i have built. but my MB has a 4-pin cpu fan connection, while this ZALMAN CNPS9500 has a 3-pin connection. is this going to present any problems? thanks. :beard:
The 3-pin connector will work fine. The 4th pin is for speed control that will slow the fan down when temps are low, and speed it back up when temps increase. With a 3-pin fan, it will just always run at full speed. Of course, you can always get a fan controller as well.

ilovesocks said:
Does your case have adequate airflow? If I turn off my case fan, the CPU idle temp jumps by 10C, and the load temp jumps by 5-10C more than that! Also, try using AS5 if you haven't already and make sure you're applying it properly.

If ur computer is that little box in ur signature, than of course it would do that...

ilovesocks said:
Does your case have adequate airflow?

my case is fairly large and has 5 80mm's i was thinking of adding a
a 120mm to the side panel window. there is already one 80mm there. thanks for the help. i deffinetly think some AS5 is going to help. thanks again.:beard:

The thermaltake big typhoon is the best air cooler if you want to stick to air cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom