LGA processor overheating !! plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
Hi there ,

I recently bought a LGA 2.6 processor , in less than a week , its overheating ..up to 98 C !! Though not all the time . My fan speed is about 2700 RPM .

Any suggestions ?

And just for my own knowledge ,whats the ideal temprature for a "loaded-LGA processor " ?

Thanks in advance

get the arctic cooling heatsink/fan combo for your socket type and also arctic silver 5 thermal compound. i think you'll see a huge drop in temps.

before you do any of that, however, go into your BIOS at startup, and look for cpu fan speed options and set it to the max speed you can. get that fan spinning and it may help.

also, what is your case fan setup? do you have adequate air flow? you need very efficent cooling for those processors, as you can tell i'm sure.

Thanks all for ur replies...and am just curious about 2 points :

1- whats the "arctic silver 5 thermal compound" ? sorry if am silly , but i never heard about it.

2- Is 75 C for my processor considered overheat ? and if no ...at what temp exactly should i start to worry about overheat ?

thanks again

And yes i got a plenty of air flow in the case..and the fan is running perfect

1 - it's goo that goes between the processor and heatsink to transfer the heat...

2 - well... I've never heard of a LGA Processor, but mine only runs around 45c

maybe your heatsink has no goo?

Juice Daddy said:
1 - it's goo that goes between the processor and heatsink to transfer the heat...

2 - well... I've never heard of a LGA Processor, but mine only runs around 45c

maybe your heatsink has no goo?

He means the socket type,
LGA 775, also referred to as Socket T.

Hey guys , thanks GOD , i figured it out !!

The heat sink was loosen a lil bit , so the processor was keeping its heat for its own ! :)

I fixed it , and so far things r going fine.

Thanks all for ur concern and replies.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom