Oh, god please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Well guys, this is the first time I've ever suffered complete computer failure. :(

Here's what happened. I had been suffering a lot of crashing during games, last night I got the blue screen while playing CSS. It said it was caused by the file "nv4" Something nvidia related, maybe? Anyway, I gave it a cold restart and it was fine... until this evening when I turn it on and the screen is incomprehensible. Like this:

dscf00416ph.jpg

dscf00421ic.jpg

dscf00431ua.jpg

After the windows load screen, the monitor tells me there's no signal.
Sorry for the huge pics, but I don't have time to scale them down. Please help!!!

Your video card is dieing. Its on its last leg..

either that or fan is not working. make sure the fan is working and check card for any burnt capacitors.

either your video card is dying, or your drivers are corrupt.
I'd first suggest taking a look at your video card, and make sure the cooler is working properly. get rid of any dust.

apokalipse said:
I'd first suggest taking a look at your video card, and make sure the cooler is working properly. get rid of any dust.

Will do. I'm hoping it's just the card itself as I'm getting a 7800GT soon. What if it's the drivers? When I install the new 7800GT, how can I fix the drivers if I can't even get into windows?

apokalipse said:

Were like Identical Twins
:D

Like, keyword is like.

I just cracked the case and there's no apparent damage to the card and the fan is working, albeit a bit dusty. How do I check for "burnt capacitors"? What if the drivers are screwed?

What exactly does a forceware driver do?

Edit: Bios isn't even rendered properly. I can't read a thing!

How would I go about reinstalling the drivers when I can't get to windows and bios is incomprehensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom