ati or nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxman

Solid State Member
what do you think is the best agp card out right now. i am going to upgrade so please help

Go with Nvidia. ATI's are nice and a little cheaper but the drivers and updates are a pain in the ***.

best agp...umm nVidia 6800GT :) ... over in australia they are easy to find...but looking at wat people have said they are hard to find every where else ? :confused:

He's asking about AGP cards. Someone else asked a similar question not too long ago. I believe it was decided that the ATi Radeon X850XT PE is the best AGP card there is .. Interestingly, the only two models, made by Asus and ATi, are both out of stock at Newegg. They're quite expensive, and you may want to look into getting a motherboard that has a PCI-e slot before you spend $350-400 on a card whose interface is being phased out.

ilovesocks said:
He's asking about AGP cards. Someone else asked a similar question not too long ago. I believe it was decided that the ATi Radeon X850XT PE is the best AGP card there is .. Interestingly, the only two models, made by Asus and ATi, are both out of stock at Newegg. They're quite expensive, and you may want to look into getting a motherboard that has a PCI-e slot before you spend $350-400 on a card whose interface is being phased out.

Yea if you haven't noticed, nvidia makes a 6800GT AGP, or used to. They're pretty tough to find, buy they're out there.

The X850XTPE slaps the 6800 Ultra around like a little b*tch in raw power. The 6800 Ultra is a 16 pipe card with 400/1100 clock speeds, and the X850XTPE is a 16 pipe card with 540/1180 clock speeds. Of course it still lacks Shader Model 3, and it is a lot more expensive. But there is no point in really getting either of them in AGP. I would suggest getting a cheap PCI-e mobo, and either a 7800GT or an X1800XL.

Nvidia's drivers are written a lot better. you get better performance with better drivers.
ATI cannot get nearly the same OpenGL performance out of their cards as Nvidia's cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom