Whats the difference between Video cards?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldlyFreak87

Beta member
Hello, i'm kind of a newbie to the land of PC building. It seems the more i research the more i learn but i am completely stuck on not knowing the difference between the 256 mb card for $45.00 and the $250.00 card thats only a 128mb. I know the difference between PCI- E and AGP is, and i want an AGP card, i just don't get the price difference?!?!? PLEASE HELP, i want to make a good affordable decision. I'm kind of a gamer and i want good graphics i got an AMD 64 3200 on the way with a board, and a gig of corsair DDR SDRAM. I figure next step is Video card and i'm stuck. Any and all help would mucho appreciated.

FieldlyFreak87 said:
Hello, i'm kind of a newbie to the land of PC building. It seems the more i research the more i learn but i am completely stuck on not knowing the difference between the 256 mb card for $45.00 and the $250.00 card thats only a 128mb. I know the difference between PCI- E and AGP is, and i want an AGP card, i just don't get the price difference?!?!? PLEASE HELP, i want to make a good affordable decision. I'm kind of a gamer and i want good graphics i got an AMD 64 3200 on the way with a board, and a gig of corsair DDR SDRAM. I figure next step is Video card and i'm stuck. Any and all help would mucho appreciated.
I feel your pain, i'm in the same boat and getting the same system you're getting so far except i'm going with the newer PCIe technology for my graphics card. At the least, I'd suggest you at least get a board with PCIe capability that way you can upgrade in the future w/o having to buy a whole new board.

good idea, i would have gone PCI but i got this AGP board with the CPU for a killer price. i know in the future i probably will have to go with a PCI board.

the cheaper card with more ram is a marketing ploy for people who think only memory matters you also need to think aboul vertex shaders pipelines and clock and mem frequencies also if it is 128 or 256 bit memory intergration.
the othe card prolly all of what i just said what cards are you talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom