Big WTF- Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he meant it in a different way flanker, ie he probobly meant it will be nice ot get extra performance.

You won't get any extra performance if your videocard's bottlenecking, which is whats happening in almost every gaming system on this planet.

yes you will. just not as much in gaming. you will notice it in CPU-intensive programs.
noobzor said:
The X2 3800+ operates at 2.0Ghz, however.
How does this compare to a single core? How many Ghz is this overall, it can't be 4.0 because that would be ridiculous- the X2 is only $300.
Also, the 4000+ and 4200+ operate at the same frequency- 2.2Ghz. WTF????
you don't measure performance in terms of MHZ and GHZ. that's what AMD's P-rating (performance rating) is for.

apokalipse said:
yes you will. just not as much in gaming.

And what are 99% of the systems on this website built around?

You guessed it; Gaming.

Dual Cores are nice in pure speed and Dual-Core environments because there's nothing bottlenecking you. In games, its a whole different environment.

Doesn't matter if they use Dual Cores. Today's processors are enough to max out games, but a videocard bottlenecks it far below the processor's limit. Doesn't matter if you have the whole game running on 2.8GHz, or half and half on 2 different 2.4GHz, the performance will be the same in games.

yeah but you may aswell get the dual, as games of the future will take advantage of it. and with those games you will get a performance increase from dual core processors.

an X2 3800+ will not cost much more than a single core 3800+
yes current games will not see much difference. but for not much more you may as well get it. you can still get a good video card anyway along with the X2

Well then the deciding factor would be the videocard, not the processor. Just get a regular 3800+ and a 8800GTX and you'll have the same performance. UT2K7 isn't going to benefit from from Dual-Core support though. I wanna see the look on the faces of the people with Dual Cores when that happens.

I'm just saying dual cores aren't much more than singles. you may as well get a dual. you will see performance increases in other programs. not just games. although some games will see performance increases too, just not many at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom