7800GT price plummetting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
thought you said your parents are going to buy you a DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT, X2 4800+ and a 7800GTX 512MB :p burned!

now that would be one heck of a PC...

I actually like the DFI expert... They have spread out the PCI express slots enough were even (2) 7800GTX 512MB's will be nicely fit. Plus at least 2 of the 3 PCI slots can be still used in SLI.

Also, there's no need for a BIO's flash because the expert is already X2 compatible.

I think they also changed something with the Northbridge? But, i forget what it was....

man right now im using a 5200 ultra agp 8x when i upgrade to pci x and 7800gt i cant wait man, the difference ill see in playing games will be crazy. should i get evga, everytime i got an evga it broke. im thinking pny? what would u suggest?
im sayin pny because my friend wears by pny hes never had a problem with it

Both of my PNY cards died this weekend. Sooo uh yea no. Nobody has realy had any problems w/ eVGA cards and you can just RMA them.
Havok you where just lucky you found a good way to get outa your mistake :p

HAVOC2k5 said:
I've got a PSP and I'm not to impressed. Actually the only thing I use it for is accessing my desktop from anywhere in my house. I've Modded it so I can remotely access my PC and control it. It's great when you are on the crapper and want to do something on the PC.

Special Thanks to: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/

The games are ok. The movies are too expensive... It's got hundreds of mod possibilities and that's all i've really done with it....

Waste of money if you ask me for a few games and sky high priced movies.

Yep, i fell into that whole craze when it first came out. I severely regret it. I've only used it a handful of times. If i can't sell it soon, maybe i'll just mod it and stuff until i can sell it. A 7800GT would be of more use that my PSP...

P.P. Mguire said:
Havok you where just lucky you found a good way to get outa your mistake :p

A good way to get out of my mistake? What are you talking about? Believe me, if i make a mistake i'll be the first to admit it. Trust me on that.

etailers is a freakin' interent Buzz word in ecommerce...

Mistake... right...

If I were to upgrade my system next year..would I notice a pretty good performance increase going from a 6800 vanilla AGP to a 7800 GT PCI-E?

Win2kpatcher said:
If I were to upgrade my system next year..would I notice a pretty good performance increase going from a 6800 vanilla AGP to a 7800 GT PCI-E?

Yea you would notice a significant difference from a 6800vanilla to a 7800GT. The GT just obliterates the vanilla 6800. I think you should save up and get a PCI-E board with a 7800GT :D

Sweet, thanks! What mobo do you reccomend for PCI-E? I have been out of the loop with this newer style. I would like it to have the latest 16X PCI-E slot (SLI does not matter). Also is there one where I could keep my current components? Intel P4 3.0GHZ and 1GB DDR400. Perhaps one that would support the newer Intel dual core processors so I can keep my old one in there for now then when ready install a new one..ohh crap so sorry for changing subject..you can PM if you have any info you would like to share with me :)

Win2kpatcher said:
If you mean next year as in 2006 then I'd go with a 7800 GT if you mean in 360 days then why not get a GTX as they will probably be cheaper with the release of the Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom