windows media center

Status
Not open for further replies.

midrangeG

Baseband Member
does windows xp media center support dual processors like xp pro? I know xp home won't. And would it make a differece with a AMD 64 athlon 3800 x2 dual core?

thanks

I think it'w better if you use an actual MS link in this case and no you have a duel core processor that is 64 bit. So even if the OS you want supports duel core it's not that important because you want one that supports 64 bit.

wow Tyler you must know alot(not), because Mike and Samantha at microsoft seemed to think it was quite important not to go with xp home as it does not support dual core and they knew what my system specs were. (was on the phone 20 min with them and I have my answer now, and I trust them over you ) and windows is not alot to trust.

Listen and calm down don't act like a child.

You have a AMD 64 athlon 3800 x2 dual core. This is a duel core processor yes but it is also a 64 bit processor. Therefore you want XP x64 not XP Pro or Media Center though they do work you want to take advantage of your hardware.

It is not important if your AMD is duel core as all duel cores are 64 bit. The only MS OS out there I know of now is XP x64 and that is the only thing that fully uses your hardware.

Tyler, xp pro x64 has some healthy driver issues right now. I would not want to have to update other parts of my office because of this or the hassle. heres the link and its to a ms site as you want, so go read up

Then maybe a AMD FX is better for you. I noticed a few says ago you had a thread for suggestions on building your PC is it finished. I generally would check to see if there are 64 bit drivers before I buy the parts but if you need stability and it's for your office then get XP Pro.

Tyler, so do you still like xp pro x64 ? and please stay out of my post with your worthless opinions

These are not "worthless opinions" he is stating a fact. If you want to take full advantage of the 64-bit processing, you will need to buy the 64-bit version of Windows XP. Without the 64 bit XP, you will be processing in the 32-bit mode.

With either OS, your dual core processor should work. But the only way to take full advantage of the 64-bit processing is to install a 64-bit OS.

The link you provided states that XP Profession supports up to two sepparate processors. The x2 is a dual core processor, which is only one processor with two processing cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom