7800GT price plummetting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
Whats the deal here...?...about 3 weeks ago I paid $399 for my 7800GT and that was the cheapest there was. Now the 7800GT is $279! The 7800GT has turned into the bang-for-the-buck card this generation. Why is Nvidia dropping the price on this so fast?

NVIDIA isn't dropping the price, the market is adjusting itself now that the card has been out for awhile. When ever a card hits the market, every etailer will be selling it at Suggested Retail Value. Then once etailers have it in stock for too long... They need to start moving cards out of inventory. So the Suggested Retail now becomes market price.
Prices are really based on consumer purchasing. Look at the Opterons, if you look at the price charts... The retail value has actually increased over the last month.

If people buy a lot of them... the price stays the same or goes up. If people aren't buying them, the price will go down... Supply and Demand...

etailer's buy most of their products in (Lot's or 100 to 1000)
Wholesale Price of a 7800GT is probably around $275 per unit.
So... the etailer has some room to play with pricing. Then you'll see crazy deals like (7800GT - $289.00 with free shipping & a $20 Mail in Rebate from the Manufacturer) The Manufacturer can't sell it's new card to the etailer until the etailer unloads it's inventory of the older model. So the Manufacturer must kick in an incentive... Mail in rebates are also a gimmick. 95% of rebates offered will never even be claimed....

Retail Sucks...

Re: Re: 7800GT price plummetting!

Get a Zalman VF700-Cu, it's a lot better than the NV silencer.

the VF-700 FITS ON A GT, CRAP I SOLD MY VF-700 with my 9800pro darn it, i though it wouldnt fit and i would have to get the NV5...well i dunno

P.P. Mguire said:
You missed the R on retailer every time. ;)

um... I didn't miss anything...

I was referring to ONLINE RETAILERS. Which are also referred to as eTAILERS.

:cool: so it looks like it's you that missed something....

HAVOC2k5 said:
um... I didn't miss anything...

I was referring to ONLINE RETAILERS. Which are also referred to as eTAILERS.

:cool: so it looks like it's you that missed something....

OOOOHH BURN!! Very nicely said havoc, we're learning about that stuff in my Econ class. I just hope this price goes down a bit more, so i'll have enough money when i sell my PSP.

Riceball said:
OOOOHH BURN!! Very nicely said havoc, we're learning about that stuff in my Econ class. I just hope this price goes down a bit more, so i'll have enough money when i sell my PSP.

thought you said your parents are going to buy you a DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT, X2 4800+ and a 7800GTX 512MB :p burned!

Riceball said:

I've got a PSP and I'm not to impressed. Actually the only thing I use it for is accessing my desktop from anywhere in my house. I've Modded it so I can remotely access my PC and control it. It's great when you are on the crapper and want to do something on the PC.

Special Thanks to: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/

The games are ok. The movies are too expensive... It's got hundreds of mod possibilities and that's all i've really done with it....

Waste of money if you ask me for a few games and sky high priced movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom