Windows 98SE Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandahater

Baseband Member
I have a Windows 98SE OS CD and am trying to install it onto a laptop without a floppy drive. Even when I set the Bios to boot from CD first the Cd doesnt take me through an installation process where i can format the harddrive and install Windows 98SE.

I have done some reading and see that a Boot Disk is required. Is there a way where I can create a Boot CD since the laptop only has a Cdrom and not a floppy drive.

To sum it up I have Windows 98SE and im trying to install it onto a laptop with no floppy. Wont let me doesnt boot the Software. What to do....

Ive been there but dont understand how to go about makeing a CD.. I need someone who can walk me through this one.. thanks

Go to the thread above and enter the website. Download the 98se bootdisk from the menu. extract the files to a folder of your choice on yor hard drive. Use Nero et al and burn a cd iso copying the files for the boot disk you just downloaded.

I have sonic but there is no bootable option on there it has a different way of picking up the iso... anyway i couldnt find the nero et al what is et al? lol
thanks

Thanks for the lesson in Latin!
But we should try to keep it unconfusing in this forum as possible since people come here when things are wrong or confused about a situation already. Your statement wasnt foolish or stupid at all.. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom