Windows OneCare Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmatic1

Baseband Member
What do you guys think about it? Is the antivirus good? is it worth installing?

Should I uninstall the firewall (Kerio Personal Firewall) and antivirus (Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2006) that im currently using?

This is a double edge sword question. First are you a official Beta Tester? If so you will recieve the updates. If not and you got the version that is leaked dont install it. It cant update. It will only be for looks.
I am an official tester for this. I still have my AV and Firewall running. I say this since the AV doesnt catch all that it should. Even when i had Norton install, Norton caught more than this progam did. But now i have NOD32 and this.
The Firewall is just an updated Windows SP2 firewall and would suggest running a real firewall as there are so many hacks and ways around the windows firewall.
Aside from that the app is very good. It does a system check and backup by itself. It updates several times a day. So the app if you are a beta tester is worth trying out at least. Like i said the leaked version is just the app that was patched to install on any machine. It cant update nor protect your PC.

True. But as a Beta tester for many product i have to try them out at least. I had NOD32 installed but have the settings down to the minimal and most things turned off. That way i can test the software. I still have the AV and firewall installed as extra protection.
This is the only true "effective" way to test the betas that i have found. You can use a test machine but i dont think that gives an accurate output. I use my main machine that way the software can truly be tested with everyday activities. It also tells me what apps give conflicts and what ones dont. I can then send accurate bug reports.
At least this is all my personal ideals. I dont recommend this to everyone. I have many ways that i prepare for the worse. I Ghost my image at least once a day if not every other day to protect against crashing. This way i know if i install something new and it crashes not to install it again.
I have sent some recommendations to M$ on OneCare to include the Anti-Spyware and a few other things. That will reduce the need for so many different apps installed on the machine.

Makaveli213 said:
True. But as a Beta tester for many product i have to try them out at least. I had NOD32 installed but have the settings down to the minimal and most things turned off. That way i can test the software. I still have the AV and firewall installed as extra protection.
This is the only true "effective" way to test the betas that i have found. You can use a test machine but i dont think that gives an accurate output. I use my main machine that way the software can truly be tested with everyday activities. It also tells me what apps give conflicts and what ones dont. I can then send accurate bug reports.
At least this is all my personal ideals. I dont recommend this to everyone. I have many ways that i prepare for the worse. I Ghost my image at least once a day if not every other day to protect against crashing. This way i know if i install something new and it crashes not to install it again.
I have sent some recommendations to M$ on OneCare to include the Anti-Spyware and a few other things. That will reduce the need for so many different apps installed on the machine.

Are you sure its only available to testers?

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=80571

I dont know if that is the same version that i have installed on my PC. I have OneCare Live but that is different from the one i have. I dont know why they have 2 out there. This one might have something to do with the launch of live.com though.

EricB said:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2006 and nod32 are the 2 best antiviruses around

is kaspersky 2006 better that 2005? because I have 2005 ait's really slow.

Well thru that site you get to get the beta but not the serial for it. Unless you pay. There is a small fee that M$ charges for this. I didnt have to pay since i was invited to the beta, sorry to say. I am not saying that this isnt it. I dotn know off hand. I have the beta from Beta Place installed right now and cant install this one. I do think that they are the same. I think the online scan does do the Tune up and backup for you though Warez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom