Good company to resell their computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bongo

Solid State Member
Hi all.

Question -- does anyone have any recommendations on a good computer manufacturer for reselling their systems? I work in the field, and often get asked from friends and family about computers. I am thinking about setting up a small part time business to sell systems, but I don't want to build my own.

I don't want to be a reseller with any of the "big guys" like Dell or IBM, as they expect you to crap gold and don't generally deal with you if you do under $50k insales per year, etc. I am just looking for an established to intermidiate sized PC maker, they don't even have to be well known, but who have a reseller program which is easy for a registered start up business to gain access to.

There are some local PC shops in my area that I could resell their systems, but the thing about them that I don't like is that they are not really distributers, but more like retail operations.

If anyone has any comments or input on this, I would love to hear from you. Thanks alot in advance.

why dont you want to build your own? if someone ask about a computer, tell them to give you a budget, tell you what they will be using it for, then build it for them. put some ad's in the newspaper, flyers, word of mouth, put information in your sig on forums, but DONT spam :D lol... thats my input on it but im only 15 so i really dont know what businesses want yet o_O

hrmm i dunno, it seems like majority of people don't really want the hastle of building a computer.... so in my opinion i would go with your original idea, look for some 3rd party system or something

There are many smaller companies such as: eMachines, Systemax, WinterGreen, Vision, Acer, and counless others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom