Windows Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayde1

Baseband Member
Tryin to reformat my computer and install windows. HDD reformats but wont copy all files for some reason. Ive dont this before and it worked fine but now I dont know whats goin on.

just that it cant copy files and i can choose to skip or retry but retry doesnt work and it goes on to the next one and the same thing happens again.

interesting... ok we need to make sure that bios is either reset to default or properly flashed.

How long did you leave the cmos battery out for ?

i took out battery, and all PSU connections to mobo, then placed the CMOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for a little over a minute. then replaced the jumper back to 1-2 before the battery and connections. is this wrong?

I believe the battery needs to stay out for around 5 or so minutes. I could be wrong. What does your mobo manual say about the jumpers for the bios ?

pin 1-2: normal operation
pin 2-3 clear cmos memory
Warning: Turn the power off first (including the +5v standy power) before clearing the CMOS memory. Failing to do so may cause your system to work abnormally or malfunction.

ok some how i got it files to work and windows restarted and is now installing. hopefully it will go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom