i have a pc i bought 5 months ago ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4eveeer

Solid State Member
i have a pc i bought 5 months ago .. intel celeron 2.4 (256 cache) bus 533 .. 512 DDR Spectek 2 chips (256 each) bus 400 .. MSI mainboard 865PE neo2 up to 3.2 .. VGA MSI FX5200 128 MB .. i want to know how to overclock it or make it faster !! plz help me (i have the mainboard software "corecenter" i think it overclocked it from 2.4 to 2.8 when i chose "ddr 400" from the OS menu but im not sure if thats true or not .. also when i did that the sound in my computer is suddenly gone i dont know why)

you can overclock the video card using a program called Rivatuner - can be found at www.guru3d.com

you can do the following tweaks:

disable unnecessary services in "services.msc" (type that in start, run) - some of them you do need

disable startup items in "msconfig" (type that in start, run)

disable system restore

disable the XP theme and extra animations

disable "automatically search for network folders and printers" in My Computer > tools > folder options > view
that speeds up browsing files

if you raised the FSB to 200 (DDR400), then you have overclocked it.
the FSB and the multiplier make the CPU speed. if your CPU is at 2.8GHZ now with a FSB of 200 (DDR400), its multiplier is 14, because 14 x 200 = 2800MHZ.
normally you can't change the multiplier, but you can change the FSB.

i did all what u said thnx :) .. but about the vga plz explain more .. and about the dual ram is it automatically from 2.4 -->2.8 or i have to do it manually by a program ? because the "corecenter" tells me that it's 2.4 .. when i click on "OS menu" and click on DDR 400 and press ok it changes to 2.8 but the sound is gone !!

not quite with you there....
*edit*
to use Rivatuner:
rivatuner1.jpg

then check "enable driver level overclocking"
if it has a box at the top right, make sure it is on "performance 3d"
then you can move the clocks up. if you push them too far, you'll get buggy graphics, but it won't ruin your card unless you put it REALLY high (well off the blue part)

i press on "ok" as in the pic. and the number turns from 2400 to 2800 but the sound corrupts .. like for example when i run a song it dont start in winamp and it doesnt run either ..

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom