Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to keep a product in development for over 4 years it's pointless for a 2008 date a 2007 date seems reasonable. I forget how long has it been already?

Well I think it's been in development since 2003 so by time it releases sometime in 2006 it will have been 4 years

ACtually Vista (Longhorn) has only been in development for just under 2 years. The first build was only leaked in 2004. So that would mean that a 2008 release would put it at 4 years but it really only hit high hear this year.

all this vista business - so many things have been scrapped and unscrapped its difficult to keep track. I wonder how good it will be and if it will be stable?

Well since this last build wasnt stable they junked it. They are adding all the goodies now to get most of the final coding done. That will just mean bug hunting and fixing is all that is left. Since this is based on the 2003 core not the XP core it is far most stable. How many hacks of 2003 have we heard of yet? Not many that i can think of.

well atleast it looks cool, but it probably will still get hacked because of all those new features ms is putting in will open it up to vulnerabilities and hackers.

But thats why they reworked the kernal and added the extra protection against unwanted changes.

this will certainly be cool. But personally i will turn off all the stupid animations and stuff. All i care about is the new features like efficient memory management and searching.

Tyler1989 said:
But thats why they reworked the kernal and added the extra protection against unwanted changes.
Yes but this is also where they have gone wrong. Now you cant even install a drvier for your stuff, a game, or an application without having to reboot and go into safe mode to get the "Real" Administrator account to be able to do so.

Personally they can kiss my...if they think i am gonna go thru that just to install an application. They are seriously wrong. I dont know wnybody that is willing to go that far to install applications.

I understand why they did it but i think they justwent a little to far right now with that phase of the testing. Need to tone it down just a notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom